Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I managed to get myself an 08 R3T for a fair deal price. This bike simply rocks. I put 100 miles on her today and will get another 300 tomorrow.
The ride is rock soild, smooth, and impressed me greatly.

I will need to get something to pull pack the bars. The seat is not too supportive either. But I expected that. More money I have to spend.

I already have a technical question.
The front turn signals are not 'on' until I engage the turn switch. I haven't seen any bike that didn't use the front turn signals as running lights - meaning they're on all the time. Is this normal ? :confused:

·
Premium Member
4,788 Posts
The front turn signals are not 'on' until I engage the turn switch. I haven't seen any bike that didn't use the front turn signals as running lights - meaning they're on all the time. Is this normal ? :confused:
Perfectly normal. There are actually quite a few bikes that are this way, including all Triumphs.

Congratulations on the new ride!

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I took her out for the day. I only managed 200 miles today. That's a bit over 300 since yesterday when I picked her up.

The ride is phenomenal !! Smooth, even at 110. She dances through the curves very nicely.

Something I'll have to do regrading the riding position. The bars are definitely too far away. I need a pull back of 3" or 4". The seat, comfy as it is, needs a back rest. I suppose I'll have to get another seat. I looked up the Day Long seats. They look nice, but pricey. Triumph seats are reasonably priced, but I don't know just yet.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Way to go Crazyman,
Nice ride. I have about 180 miles on my new Rocket 3 Classic. A snow storm came through last week and put off any riding. I need to adjust my handlebars and get my seat comfort where it needs to be also.
I have only been up to 80 mph so far. Nice n smooth ride.

odie

·
Registered
100 Posts
Congrats, Looks like you had some company on your ride.We still have Snow on the ground and may get some more tomorrow:(

keep the rubber side down

Walt

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's the only good thing about living here in Florida. We can ride year round. The roads are mostly straight and flat. There are a few hills and twisties. It's my mission to find them.:cool:

·
Registered
100 Posts
My son and daughter inlaw, and my sister inlaw all live in Clearwater FL. They keep telling us to come on down and I think after this winter we just mite:cool:

Walt

·
Registered
31 Posts
:DCongrats on the nice ride I only have about 2800 miles on mine and have had it since last september. I have the Triumph single w/backrest and its nice and comfy. Love the color, Motorcycle black is great.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Mopac, did you hook those LEDs up to run with your brake light ?
I have the aux lights, and backrest, and dresser bars on order.

·
Registered
31 Posts
yeppers, running & brake lights with a quick disconnect so i can take the bags off without trouble. Also changed the turn signals to L.E.D. running-turn-brake lights and they are bright.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts