Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

41 - 60 of 133 Posts

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
and she looks even better 'in person' :) (out for a first shakedown and some fresh fuel)

:cool:

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
FoothillRyder

Bike looks a treat. Just looking at the side of motor where cam chain runs, have you lost a bolt? looks to be only two not three,also what are you paying for gas 3.80 a gallon?

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
Is it missing a bolt, or is that a bolt hole that would be used with Trophy or Daytona bodywork? I remember freaking out about missing bolts on my Trident before finding out that I didn't need bolts there.

And yes, that gas was $1/liter.

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
FoothillRyder

Bike looks a treat. Just looking at the side of motor where cam chain runs, have you lost a bolt? looks to be only two not three,also what are you paying for gas 3.80 a gallon?
Kit had it right. I was a little freaked at the open holes; but studying the service manual they were revealed to be unused on the Sprint. I looked at my Trophy, and they are used on that bike.

:cool:

·
Registered
26 Posts
my triple flat-tracker

Have the Trident (that was a Sprint once) for 3 years now. Not ready to part with it and still wanting a change I decided to chop it... my way. I didn't want the classic cafe style but a more all-rounder style.

This was my Sprint/Trident

This is where I got so far

mods done: chopped rear, modified Honda tank, custom seat, custom front fender, moved the brake pump, modified air filter (cut the rear part), re-jeted the carbs (I still have to do a moving test)... and lots other mods...

And not to forget... on-off tires

I have a lot of parts that I don't need any more... soooo... if you need any leave a PM.

PS: I konw, I ruined a perfectly running classic, soooo... sue me! I got myself a nice retro Tiger :p

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
My 96 following an intensive detailing with a few upgrades. Polished the pipes, changed all fluids, new plugs, and finally Suzuki Bandit 6 pot calipers.

Attachments

Reactions: Speedy Gonzales

·
Registered
109 Posts
Handsome old thing ay Jono ;-)
Many thanks. All that time spent in the garage over Christmas was worthwhile. It was first registered 9th May 1994 so almost exactly 20yrs old. Just a few things to sort (will it ever end?) - the infamous disappearing neutral light and the random side stand cut out thing.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Think this is the right place as there seems to be a shortage of Tridents around here.
Here is my 97 Trident 750 before I changed the exhaust into a Motad 3 into 1.
Will change them back once I find a 900 that I can convert into a Cafe Racer.

·
Registered
117 Posts
My 96 Sprint on its first proper run out since I bought it two months ago, gave her a quick make over, planning on a proper strip down over the winter. Really impressed how well the old girl goes.

41 - 60 of 133 Posts