Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a sneak preview of the tank from my Tiger repaining so thought I'd stick it on here for comments. There are a lot more cosmetic and other mods and as soon as I've put everything back together, you lot will be the first to see, besides me of course !!
Still needs whiskers, some more work on the claws and loads of laquer but its not far off. I know its all a matter of taste, but I like it !!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Man, that is outrageous! How did you find the painter? Are the other parts similar? You doing anything with the frame too?

Sure are some talented people out there. Can't wait to see more.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HI, yeah these guys have also done my Blackbird about 3 years ago and when I got the Tiger I wanted something that was different so I went back to them, you can see their other stuff at Air Devils. All the plastics on the Tiger will have the same base coat, the side panels will just have Triumph Tiger 955i written on them but the sports screen at the front will have another Tigers head (roaring of course!) on it. Also had the spoked wheels black plastic coated, Blue Flame Carbon Exhaust and just waiting for Mikes Grills bits to come. Also got a pair of PIAA lights to finish it off, not looking at the bank balance for a while tho !!

This is my Blackbird.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
*@!%in hell !, that is awesome. You have GOTTA post up pics of the finished article.

Nice one, totally unique :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
302 Posts
I bow deep for two things:

1)
The idea and execution - superb!!!

2)
The fact that a SCOTSMAN spends what is obviously an horrible lot of money............. :wink:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well !
gonna spoil your second point cos although I've been here for 27 years, I'm English !!

Sort of proves the point eh !!!

:-D

[ This message was edited by: russ_fae_fyvie on 2005-10-19 12:40 ]

·
Registered
302 Posts
You actually trying to tell me you've lived 27 years in Scotland and got away with it?
Come on.................. :razz:

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
russ_fae_fyvie !! we`re on tae yae !! :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz:
man that`s some paintjob, me like the rest cant wait to see the finnished Tiger !! claws an all !!

keep us posted

KK :cool:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bu66er !!
Sussed again !
I'm supposed to be getting all the parts back towards the end of next week so looks like that weekend I'm going to be busy, so hopefully photos not soon after, as long as I remember where all the bits go back together !!
I can't believe how many nuts, bolts, connectors and cables were connected to the tank alone !! :razz:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Quote Bald Eagle: your loss Timian, try one

I believe I did! Had brand new 04 Lucifer and 05 BRG in quick succession. How's that for supporting the Factory?

Do I qualify for a blessing now???

·
Registered
290 Posts
It was just about 2 weeks ago I spotted that Tiger pic on the net and was thinking how to incorporate it on my Steamer....

Nice job. Looks very cool!

I think we are getting into an era where we will see quite afew 'custom paint jobs' on Tigers.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
can't believe how many nuts, bolts, connectors and cables were connected to the tank alone !! :razz:
Watch for leaks when its back on. Had to send my tank back to the painter because of a very slight leak. Couldn't see any gas, but could smell it in the garage. Paint ended up bubbling around the connector.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah I can believe it.
I got into a right mess taking the d*mn thing off in the first place. Unfortunately I had a full tank and I thought if I took the tank off (as there are supposed to be self closing connectors!) I'd be able to drain it easily, how wrong was I !!!
The garage smelt like a refinery for days after, just as well nobody turned the lights on !
This I'll maybe put some petrol in bit by bit before the tank goes onto the bike, probably still get into a mess though !

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Some more photos, should be all back together in a weeks time (or near that!)

This one is of the Sports Screen, there will be approx 16 layers of laquer on this lot,AIR DEVILSdeserve all the credit.

[ This message was edited by: russ_fae_fyvie on 2005-10-27 15:17 ]

1 - 20 of 22 Posts