Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just brought home a new to me 09 street triple, a one owner LOW mile bike and it looks like new! I cant wait to start ordering some stuff for it to give it that personal touch making it unlike any other. Anything I need to know in advance would be appreciated as I am new to the brand.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Not meaning to start of on bad news, but get the regulator rectifier changed if it hasn't been already. Might save you braking down! They're brilliant bikes though you'l love it :D

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Jut an addition to the above, the R/R replacement is free and will be covered under a recent recall if not done already. Here in FL the heat kills the old ones fast and will more than likely leave you stranded if not replaced.

Welcome to the three world :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RR

It has the original RR as it faces the engine. Do I need to call triumph customer service to see if its one of the affected ones? How do I start the process of getting it replaced?

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Your unit is one of the affected ones. They're replacing all of them at no cost to the owner. Just call your dealer and tell him that you have the old one and need it replaced. He'll want your VIN (vehicle ID number) in order to confirm.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
streety

It has the color matched flyscreen, some clear film over the tank where the rider makes contact, a seat mod by "ride all day"? and a rear hugger by triumph. I need some suspension as in my 60 mile shakedown ride I discovered alot of fork dive and also too much feedback over rough patches of road. I am 190 lbs before gear so I am thinking of doing the CBR 600rr shock swap and a spring/oil kit for the fork. I also want to do levers, risers and fat bars,and the small windshield which mounts to the flyscreen.Bike still has the stock dunlops on it which look new and still have the nipples on them! I was also looking at cortechs magnetic 2.0 tankbag in 18L size, anyone with an opinion on that please chime in.
I really love the motor and trans on this bike and feel with afew mods to personalize it I will enjoy it even more.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I can't comment on the Cortech tank bag but I have a Joe Rocket Manta XL magnetic tank bag which has proven to be a really useful, top quality piece of kit. I use it for the short trip to and from work but for longer missions I use Kriega gear strapped down to the pillion seat (1 x US20 and 2 x US10's).

The rest of your wish list sounds good. I can wholeheartedly recommend Pazzo levers and Rizoma make fantastic quality accessories and parts. They'd be good for your bars and risers. You might want to think about their frame/engine sliders and axle sliders too for a bit of protection for your bike.

Is your Streety standard or an R model?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have the cortech tour master super 18, rock solid on my bike since i have had it. Congrats on the new bike you won't be disappointed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts