Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a 2000 Thunderbird and right away there are some questions I have about things I can do to it.

First, I want to be able to use the roadster screen, but I have read on this forum that I may be less than happy with it because of the wind hitting me in the head. For that reason I would love to use a clearview windshield with a recurve to give me the clearance I need. The problem here is that the clearview screens require the use of the roadster brackets which I can only get as part of the complete Roadster windshield kit. Anyone have an old roadster kit that they would be willing to sell the brackets off of? If not, anyone have any idea how to get just the brackets without buying the whole $300 kit.

Second, I believe that the TBS has pegs in a slightly different position. I think they are further back. Would it be possible to position the pegs on my TB the way they are on a TBS? It looks like the pegs are held on with a very small bracket that bolts to the frame. If the TBS uses the same mounting points it should be doable.

I guess those are the only questions I have right now. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,567 Posts
It is my experience with windscreens that the buffeting comes from the air coming up from the lower section of the front end, not the air over the helmet. When I had my Rocket III I had a barn door Clearview windscreen but still experienced a lot of buffeting. Once I put the lowers on the air flow was silky smooth.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is my experience with windscreens that the buffeting comes from the air coming up from the lower section of the front end, not the air over the helmet. When I had my Rocket III I had a barn door Clearview windscreen but still experienced a lot of buffeting. Once I put the lowers on the air flow was silky smooth.
I have read this on this forum before. What I haven't seen is lowers available. I haven't looked for them either so I guess that isn't too surprising. Any suggestions on where to look?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts