Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I'm the proud new owner of a 2013 Speed Triple R. Purchased a few days ago with only 11,500kms or 7100 miles. I've always wanted one since I first saw the 95 model. As I am new to Triumph ownership, is there anything to know about the SPTR? Any quirks or common issues? One last thing, does the SPTR need or really benefit from a steering damper?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Hey everyone, I'm the proud new owner of a 2013 Speed Triple R. Purchased a few days ago with only 11,500kms or 7100 miles. I've always wanted one since I first saw the 95 model. As I am new to Triumph ownership, is there anything to know about the SPTR? Any quirks or common issues? One last thing, does the SPTR need or really benefit from a steering damper?
I've got almost 18k miles on my '14 S3R and it's the best in the area of reliability and handling of the 13 bikes that I've owned...I don't feel the need for a steering damper, a little less weight/more power, but not a steering damper.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've got almost 18k miles on my '14 S3R and it's the best in the area of reliability and handling of the 13 bikes that I've owned...I don't feel the need for a steering damper, a little less weight/more power, but not a steering damper.
Ok great good to know !

·
Registered
63 Posts
Welcome to the site and the bikes. I'm loving my'12 speed3R I'm at 20,000 kms. with no issues.
Where are you in IMG_2179.JPG Canuck land? This is mine set up for touring. And my latest mod: a switch to single LED headlight IMG_2736.jpg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the site and the bikes. I'm loving my'12 speed3R I'm at 20,000 kms. with no issues.
Where are you in View attachment 714763 Canuck land? This is mine set up for touring. And my latest mod: a switch to single LED headlight View attachment 714764
Hey how are you? I'm in Ottawa, whereabouts are you? Ya I'm finding out that these bikes are very reliable, especially since there are no nanny electronics on the 13. I have yet to ride mine as I purchased it just as snow hit us and stayed 😪.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts