Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe I am going to need a new harness for my bike. I have not had any luck trying to find one out on the net (so far). Maybe I am just searching wrong. As a second part of this, I cannot access any of the For Sale/Parts Wanted forums. I msgd the Admin but have not heard back. Do I not have enough posting history?

·
Registered
3,989 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Caulky! Great link for TMS. Thanks for the clarification. I know some forums have that rule, No Prob.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Wiring Loom- New or used ?

Thanks Caulky! Great link for TMS. Thanks for the clarification. I know some forums have that rule, No Prob.
I checked out a new harness for my 79 T140D as mine was hacked up badly but at nearly $300 i went for a good used loom and repaired were it was needed. i found it here on the forum for $50

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TMS shows a main harness for mine at $63.40 plus shipping. Not a bad deal it seems. If however, I find a good used one, then I would consider that. I do tend to lean towards new due to deteriation of the insulation and connections.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The harness on my recently acquired '77 T140V was all chewed up by mice, just under the seat. I've been disecting it to get to a section that's good and then repair from there. Meanwhile, I was lucky to find a used one on eBay and got it for $30. So keep an eye out. Meanwhile, for the moment, it'll be easier to repare than to replace.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts