Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I'm French and and I live in France but I like to share with "foreign" bikers.

My name is Julien, I'm 26 and I'm still student.
I've got my motorbike licence for 7 years now.

I began with the Honda 400VFF of my parents and last year I bought a Yamaha FZ6 that has been stollen 3 months later.
After this, I decided to buy a Speed triple 07'

here are the pics when I got it in Septembre 2010

PS : sorry for my english but i'm still trying to improve my skills to become fluent!!

·
Premium Member
5,585 Posts
Bienvenue Julien

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
Welcome Julien! The S3 looks terrific. Sorry to hear your FZ6 was stolen. By the way, your English is excellent.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome.

I love my speed triple and a lot of mods have been done recently but I will read more about in the speed triple forum. ;) (which will not be easy because of the technical words to use!)

·
Registered
1 Posts
New, from Holland.

Hello everybody.

After several years on mij K75s it was time for another triple!
A month ago I bought a silver 04 Tiger 955i with almost all the improvements you can think off:).
Yesterday evening I tried it on a circuit organised bij mij garage.
Man I love that sound and power!!

CU

Gerrith.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello everybody.

After several years on mij K75s it was time for another triple!
A month ago I bought a silver 04 Tiger 955i with almost all the improvements you can think off:).
Yesterday evening I tried it on a circuit organised bij mij garage.
Man I love that sound and power!!

CU

Gerrith.
Hi,
I think you mistaked.
Didn't you want to create a new thread?

·
Registered
524 Posts
Julien, I have forgotten most of the French I learned when I lived in Paris in 1957 - 1960. I was 14 - 16 ans. I had a Peugeot Sport and a Lambretta then.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Hi,
If you practise french a bit it will come back quickly! It's like the bike, you never forget!!
I like the look of the lambretta, I don't know why exactly but it remind me Italy!
However, I really prefer german cars to french ones :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I owned a Renault 5 GTL. Does that count for something? :D
I'm affraid not!! :p :p

I also had a Peugeot 505 STI in the 1980s. Very comfortable voiture, but it broke a lot.
French vehicle are very confortable but not reliable (to me)!!
It's why I prefer German car so far!!
I had :
1 golf MK2 1800
2 golf MK2 GTI 16s
1 corrado G60
I'm selling my VW golf MK4 to buy a VW corrado G60 again!!
Old cars don't have the same effect!! :D

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
I learned how to work on my Renault because nobody would. It was a terrific car in so many ways. Great mileage too. But it was maintenance intensive.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Renault is the worst!!!
If there is one brand I would never buy it is Renault!!!
They try to keep up with others manufacturers but they are not able to!!!!

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
Now, now. What about the Renault Alpine? Or the 5 Turbo? Those were great Renaults.

If you want to talk about a real pièce de merde, here's what I had in high school.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Snip...

If you want to talk about a real pièce de merde, here's what I had in high school...
You don't want to include Le Car or that later American Motors disaster among the world's worst cars?

I once saw a picture of a Jeep SUV in Nevada in a French car mag with a prestige license plate saying, _OMERDE_ and wondered how he got it past the censors. I tried for QQQQ and they turned me down here in Louisiana; with its French heritage, I knew there was no chance to copy the guy in NV. I tried for PHOQUE — the French word for the animal the seal — as well, but it was no go.

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
I bought my R5 GTL pre-AMC. Don't know if it made a difference, it was impossible to get serviced. Nobody wanted to touch it. (No doubt in fear it'd fall apart as they worked on it.) Mine was fairly tricked out. Wide wheels/tires, high performance exhausts from Italy, upgraded suspension from Germany, mild cam regrind, rally lights, and a custom paint job. It was a total gas in the corners, tipping like it was going to fall on it's doors. But it never did. I didn't miss it when I sold it. I wonder why I do now?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts