Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all and merry Chrismas!

I am new on the forum and I am from Norway, so my english can be a bit rusty...:)

I own a Triumph Trophy Tr6r -68, bought it this spring.

I am a bit confiused over the number on the frame and engine on this bike.
Both have "DU 63721" and frame also have TR6R in front of the number.
This number are listed as a -67. I think? But the bike are rigd as a -68. with Amal concentric carb. and 12v with heatsink on the Zenerdiode.
Is this bike a -67, a -68 or a mix of the two?

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Welcome.

It looks like somewhat of a mix of years, plus some custom modifications including the breather from the primary chaincase.
Thanks for the reply!

I know the breather is a modification, and you agree the frame and engine are from a -67?
The bike has a small and slim petroltank, as you can se. What was the volum on the Trophy -68 tank?

·
Super Moderator
12,455 Posts
The front wheel valance plate is the one-year-only '68 fluted version, if it's matched to the brake, it will be the one with both arms straight, the linkage basically forming the letter "H", and the cable exiting the backing plate pointing to the REAR of the bike (69 & 70 were pointing UP).

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The front wheel valance plate is the one-year-only '68 fluted version, if it's matched to the brake, it will be the one with both arms straight, the linkage basically forming the letter "H", and the cable exiting the backing plate pointing to the REAR of the bike (69 & 70 were pointing UP).
You are right GrandPaulZ, the cable exiting the backing plate ARE pointing to the REAR! So this was a one-year-only version? Can you se any missmatch on the bike, as a -68.?

What is the difference betweenTriumph Tiger Tr6r and Triumph Tr6 Trophy? Is it the same bike sold in the US and in Europa?

·
Registered
30 Posts
welcome!!

welcome to the forums!! It's good to see someone new on the forums:) Your bike looks pretty clean, i'm far from an expert on old triumphs ( just got my first one a few months back) but most of what is on your bike looks to be trophy stuff. Your VIN number shows that the motor is a 650 for sure, but as far as I know the
" TR6R" is a tiger designation, but like I said I'm no expert.

There are plenty of guys here that will be happy to help you figure out what you have:)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for your replys!

But I still don`t know the difference between the Tiger and the Trophy:)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Welcome ter. More knowledgeable folks can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the difference is between the US (Tiger) and home market (Trophy) versions. Prior to the production of US versions, they were all called Trophy or Trophy Sports. Initially the differences were handlebars and mufflers, if I recall correctly.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome ter. More knowledgable folks can dorrect me if I'm wrong, but I beleive the difference is between the US (Tiger) and home market (Trophy) versions. Prior to the production of US versions, they were all called Trophy or Trophy Sports. Initially the differences were handlebars and mufflers, if I recall correctly.
Thank You Oldebonnie!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts