Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just picked myself up a bargain from FleaBay - a brand spanking new muffler for $A88.80! I don't really need it so I hope one of you guys weren't the other bidder.

What I want to do is gut and rebuild my existing muffler in the hope of getting a better sound. If it fails then I have my replacement muffler ready to install. If it works then I'll put this new muffler up for sale in here at a cheap price.

I don't need more power, economy or anything else, just the sound. I don't want it too loud but a bit louder (or quieter) than stock is ok.

I've read through a few of the threads in here but do we have a favourite that achieves the great sound I'm looking for? You may ask "what sound is that?" All I can answer is that deep sound like a Ducati with Termi's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXXfD8U0LXg

Naturally I don't really expect to get that V-twin sound but the throatiness and depth would be nice.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry about that. It's a 2007 Sprint ST (fast black one that doesn't need to be any faster). I also should have added that the muffler I've purchased is a stock one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts