Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After much begging and pleading, I finally broke down and got a helmet for my ten year old son and took him for a couple of rides this week. I think it's safe to say he's addicted. Everyday after work he wants me to take him for a ride now. Last night I asked him if he wanted to haul a$$ and he was all about it, so we got on a straight empty road and I ran it through the gears (nothing crazy) at a pretty good peck and I could hear him laughing his butt off from behind me. It's all he talked about until bedtime. It's awesome to have yet another thing that we can do together and have a complete blast doing. I should have done it sooner!

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I bought dirt bike for my kids when young. The boy was 10 and the girl was 8.
The girl crashed a lot. She is 21 and no longer rides
The boy is 23 bought a GSXR which was OK. however, now he has turned to the dark side and bought a custom chopper with ape hangers

As they say you can lead a horse to water but...

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
Awesome chronos! One of my favorite things to do is give my children rides. With the sun behind you, watch your shadow on the road. If your son is anything like mine, he'll stick his arms out like he's flying! :)

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Where's the like button? I used to ride my kids around on my Yamahahaha IT125 up in Montana. I haven't ridden them around here, but maybe I'll take them for a spin around my complex. I need to get them some gear first, but I am looking forward to it.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Last year, my daughter (24) came to stay for the weekend and we went on a rideout with the local Triumph club. First time ever on a bike, for her.

This year, we got it together and did an 8-day tour of France and Germany.

She's already planning next year's trip.

You could say I was pleased.

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
Just wait till he's 16 and can get his own bike.

This week I rode with my son for the first time in my life. I gave him tips along the way and I was incredibly proud of him as he rode his little DR 200 in front of me on the road.

The smile on his face as we parked in the garage later in the day was ... priceless.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I took my oldest daughter for a long ride several years back when I had my America and to this day she tells me it's one of her favorite memories. My son has already asked me how old he has to be to get his own bike. Guess I better start saving.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Wonderful story Chronos.

When the bug to get a motorcycle started to hit me I took my daughter shopping. She was around 16 at the time. One day we were looking at the Suzuki M109 and I wanted to feel how it felt with a passenger so I asked her to hop on the back.

She was terrified! Clung on to me hanging on for dear life... in the showroom on a parked bike.

2 Years after riding again, she said she wanted to try the passenger seat one more time. It took a few rides for her to feel comfortable, but to this day she is a trooper and hopefully I can take her for a spin after work since tomorrow will be her mother's day to log miles on the passenger perch!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts