Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

141 - 156 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Promise to maintain the standards ... and hopefully add value to this site

Thanks to those above for keeping the site alive!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm good with reasonable and prudent guidelines but without the Nazi-like supression I'm sure many of us have experienced on other forums (no names mentioned). I think balance is key, and a neighborhood / family spirit is essential to maintaining an active and successful forum. Yes, personal freedom of expression should be encouraged, but common sense should prevail. If you have doubts about posting particular topics, words or images, then they're probably not appropriate.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Much appreciated

This site, for me, has been an awesome source of information (and at times humor). I am most appreciative of the fact that I am able to share it with my daughter.

Thanks gang, well done.

peace out,
Steve

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks

Thanks for the awesome site, I have been getting information from other places and this is by far the best site I have seen. This is my first site were I have started or replied to threads:D

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just appreciate having a place that I can follow for my three Triumphs! A ton of good information, and some great ideas come out of it!

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
I ride a 2001 Sprint ST, love the bike and not sure why we can't get a new version from Triumph. I suspect their efforts and focus on the Trophy has something to do with it. There seems to be a gap between Touring and Sport.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Very much appreciate this forum, coming from a Speed Triple and a 900 Adventurer I have already very much benefited from the knowledge! Hopefully I can also help contribute as I do in other forums online. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just signed up as a member yesterday. Picked up a 2004 Sprint RS on Monday after reading a lot of posts on this forum. Thanks for all the useful info I've already used and future knowledge I hope to use in my relationship with my new baby(the Sprint)!

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Love my Sprint ST

Thanks for making the expectations clear regarding standards of behaviour and forum protocol. I was a member some years ago but have recently rekindled my enthusiasm for bikes (my wife calls it a mid life crisis...) and I'm looking at buying a Sprint ST having been hooked on the bike now for some years now ever since taking one out for a ride on a Peter Stevens Triumph ride day. I'm looking forward to reading the thoughts and opinions of the members that ride Sprints and any issues that people have experienced...can't be many surely! My first query is regarding the future of the Sprint. There has been little obvious change to the model over the past few years. Is there a radical update being considered for next year? Look forward to some interesting threads!
I have a 2001 Sprint ST and love the bike. My buddy has a 2008 1050but after riding both I think I prefer mine. The bike is very roomy and comfortable (I am a tall guy). I have changed the saddle to a Corbin, a different windshield, bar risers and heated grips and recent Two Brothers racing exhaust. No issues so far but only 30,000km, regular maintenance, oil changes, etc... have provided me with miles of enjoyment. The best part is the Triple.

·
Registered
26 Posts
It is good to see a clean forum. My kids read over my shoulder and some sites are just no-go when they are around.

I want to buy a 2000-2004 Sprint or RS. At 50, I'm not interested in a twitchy supersport, but I'd like the bike to run well in twisties or burning miles on interstate. Jumping from 250cc to nearly a liter does give me room for pause, though.

How realistic is a budget of $2-3K in the southeastern US? Atlanta is home, but I know I may be traveling a little to purchase.

Should bluebook be a good guide? I've seen several bikes at BB retail and up, which seems wildly optimistic of the seller?

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Hello Paul, I have been a Sprint ST rider for about 7 years having owned many other bikes of the past 40 years or so. I love the Sprint, mine being a 2001 with the 955 cc engine. I have made several upgrades like bar risers, heated grips, exhaust, saddle, windshield, etc... and it is great sport touring bike. I have two other bikes, a 2008 BMW K1200S and a 2014 Tiger, and on that note I have decided to sell my Sprint. I am in western Canada so along way from Melbourne but you will not go wrong with the Sprint, either the 955 or the upgraded 1050. Rumors here say Triumph is working on a new Sprint model after the past few years of concentrating on the Trophy. I think the Trophy is more touring whereas the Sprint is more sport, although both work well in either mode.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Like the 'Family friendly' theme

I don't have kids but its good to hear that this is a site that won't put up with the foul language and generally 'thuggish' behavior I'm fed up of seeing in so many places on the web. I just want to discuss bikes with other folk in a civilized manner.
Good on ya guys, thanks for providing the space.
P.S. I don't suppose you'd consider adding UK English spelling as well as US in the 'speelling chucker' would you?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hooray for Granny's house! I've been lurking and using the search feature. Since I got my Sprint about two weeks ago, I don't have much to offer in the way of knowledge. But, you do have my support for good standards!

Thanks for making an environment where I'm not concerned about my wife and kids watching over my shoulder.

·
Registered
12 Posts
All,
This is a family oriented Site and forum. We at TriumphRat have always advocated a family type atmosphere where all can feel welcome. There is enough garbage out there and it has never been allowed in this , Shawn's site nor this forum. This has been Shawn's direction from the beginning and the moderators have all fully supported his vision.

My personal line in the sand is: If we were all in my Grandmother's home what would I allow and not allow to happen. I have operated this way since Shawn asked me to moderate this forum with his Ok.

This is a forum where children can be present and we would like to see more lady riders feel comfortable here.

I am asking you all to review your Avatars and your language and edit them yourselves or I will edit them for you as I see fit.

And I don't want to hear anything about freedom of speech or censoring. This is a privately owned site and it doesn't apply here.

DaveM and I are on the same page on this. So, as I say, please review your Avatars and change as necessary as anything that looks questionable to either one of us will be deleted.

I don't want to seem harsh on this but that's the way it is.

Thank you for understanding,

Don
Just joined and do not like Social media so very glad to read this and fully support it.

141 - 156 of 156 Posts