Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

121 - 140 of 156 Posts

·
Banned
51 Posts
i am a father of 2 boys 20-21 who never bought anything for himself ( always used car ect ) and packed away money for the kids . last year i thought collage is paid for along with house ectect so I wanted a the best 1000c bikes on the market . I ended up with 9 bikes and a roadrace team but over the last year bought and sold 25 bikes to end up with 9 . ANYHOW The TRIUMPH SPRINT ST has be one of, if not THE best of all 25. Its midrange is phenominal amd its so easy to go fast everyone who rides the bike thinks hes Rossi lol.. this bike is so good i left it primaraly stock as it came with triumph factory performance exhaust . The only addition was the Triumph Hard Bags an CRG radial adjustable levers. the other bikes in the stble are as follows . 2009 Ducati1198 , 2007 Buell 1420cc WORKED (10K in engine alone ) Firebolt (fatsest bike belive it or not)
2008 KTM 990 adventure , 2009 Buell 1125R HPE race exhaust race ecm and Intake , 2002 Buell Cyclone1200cc worked heads 643 lift cams race exhaust , intake , CRG levers, 1999 Harley roadking 131ci jims race engine 675 lift cams retro style , two tone maroontan /gold stripe best of the best everything was inmagazine old fashioned look classy .as fast as 600cc sportbike on bottom end 2600 cc buell XB12R roadracer and a can AM Syder for older son who never looks out for cars ..ps 1982 gold wing 8500 original miles . odd group of bikes but i had all the japanese bikes nothing against them just BLAH ? hard to explain . But this is my first trumph that i will keep till te wheels fall of and i NEVER get attached to a bike normally . take care Jake

·
Registered
26 Posts
New to the ST forum, but not Triumphs

Got it, I've read the sticky and updated my profile. Currently riding an '04 Bonnie Black, but looking to do some 2 up sport touring with the ST. If I go ST it will be used, but if I don't find one I may wait to take a hard look at the new GT. Thanks in advance for your advice..

·
Registered
4 Posts
All,
This is a family oriented Site and forum. We at TriumphRat have always advocated a family type atmosphere where all can feel welcome. There is enough garbage out there and it has never been allowed in this , Shawn's site nor this forum. This has been Shawn's direction from the beginning and the moderators have all fully supported his vision.

My personal line in the sand is: If we were all in my Grandmother's home what would I allow and not allow to happen. I have operated this way since Shawn asked me to moderate this forum with his Ok.

This is a forum where children can be present and we would like to see more lady riders feel comfortable here.

I am asking you all to review your Avatars and your language and edit them yourselves or I will edit them for you as I see fit.

And I don't want to hear anything about freedom of speech or censoring. This is a privately owned site and it doesn't apply here.

DaveM and I are on the same page on this. So, as I say, please review your Avatars and change as necessary as anything that looks questionable to either one of us will be deleted.

I don't want to seem harsh on this but that's the way it is.

Thank you for understanding,

Don

Hi Again,
Point taken this time around :D

Kurt

·
Registered
35 Posts
i made the following comment to a friend here in another thread...

"and as an aside....want to comment how impressed i am with maturity level of members of this forum. And level of decorum.....polite, to the point and informative."

·
Registered
23 Posts
A bit behind the curve myself,

but alls good with me :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Cheers Don and Shawn

Cheers Don and Shawn, there needs to be more motorcycle forums with a similar attutude and policy as you have described, i agree there is too much rubish out there...I feel welcome here and I agree ladies need to feel comfortable to be encouraged to join this great community...motorcycling is for everyone thanks for promoting that on this site...

Trumpzy

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm happy to be on a well-used and mature site. I've been on others and there is always one guy who is crass. Glad to see "he" won't be here. :thumbsup

·
Registered
255 Posts
Just joined as I just purchased my first Triumph (motorcycle that is, have had a few Spitfire 4 wheeled versions!) Had always been a Kawasaki guy since the 70's so I'm sure there will be a learning curve though my brother had a 71 Trophy.

The bike is a new to me 2001 Sprint ST. I'd post a photo but not sure if a newbie is allowed here or not so I'll wait so as not to anger the gods! :D

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
There's a picture sticky here as well; feel free to post up! :D

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Registered
93 Posts
Thanks,
This is a great site with a huge amount of valuable information, I recently purchased an 01 Sprint ST in BRG and love the bike. The information gathered from this site was the reason why I went with the triumph and have learn't so much in such a short space of time from the input of the experienced members of this forum.
I have just ordered a trident stubbie from Peter and are planning on loading the aftermarket pipe map from TuneECU. I am very much a hands on person and really appreciate the ability to garnish information so easily from this forum.
Thanks again.
Regards,
Dan

121 - 140 of 156 Posts