Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 156 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
All,
This is a family oriented Site and forum. We at TriumphRat have always advocated a family type atmosphere where all can feel welcome. There is enough garbage out there and it has never been allowed in this , Shawn's site nor this forum. This has been Shawn's direction from the beginning and the moderators have all fully supported his vision.

My personal line in the sand is: If we were all in my Grandmother's home what would I allow and not allow to happen. I have operated this way since Shawn asked me to moderate this forum with his Ok.

This is a forum where children can be present and we would like to see more lady riders feel comfortable here.

I am asking you all to review your Avatars and your language and edit them yourselves or I will edit them for you as I see fit.

And I don't want to hear anything about freedom of speech or censoring. This is a privately owned site and it doesn't apply here.

DaveM and I are on the same page on this. So, as I say, please review your Avatars and change as necessary as anything that looks questionable to either one of us will be deleted.

I don't want to seem harsh on this but that's the way it is.

Thank you for understanding,

Don

·
Registered
265 Posts
I must admit this is the first time I have read this thread but am glad I just did. It is refreshing to be able to get onto a site which deals with motorcycles that doesn't shove crass eye candy into your face or leave you feeling that perhaps public perceptions of motorcyclists as some kind of primaly driven lower order are not far off the mark.

I often check out this forum with my wife and any number of my kids looking over my shoulder - its good not to feel that at any minute I may have to switch windows to protect their virtue. Good stuff.

It kind of reminds me of a BMW forum but with character and style. Almost as much techno speak, but hey we have a looong way to go - but then we ride more than we retune/repair.:D

·
Premium Member
24,281 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
New Members please read through this

We'd like to have new members and those thinking about joining us to go through these stickies. This will give you a good idea about what we are and are about.

Thank you for your time,

DonO + DaveM

·
Registered
6 Posts

hi every one just joined up
looks like a good site but finding it hard to be able to put messages on screen ,i take it this is how to do it :confused:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am new to the forum and appreciate the fact that it is to be kept clean. I have an 8-year old son who is interested in riding and it is also nice for my Wife to look at some of the posts without getting offended.

·
Registered
1 Posts
All,
This is a family oriented Site and forum. We at TriumphRat have always advocated a family type atmosphere where all can feel welcome. There is enough garbage out there and it has never been allowed in this , Shawn's site nor this forum. This has been Shawn's direction from the beginning and the moderators have all fully supported his vision.

My personal line in the sand is: If we were all in my Grandmother's home what would I allow and not allow to happen. I have operated this way since Shawn asked me to moderate this forum with his Ok.

This is a forum where children can be present and we would like to see more lady riders feel comfortable here.

I am asking you all to review your Avatars and your language and edit them yourselves or I will edit them for you as I see fit.

And I don't want to hear anything about freedom of speech or censoring. This is a privately owned site and it doesn't apply here.

DaveM and I are on the same page on this. So, as I say, please review your Avatars and change as necessary as anything that looks questionable to either one of us will be deleted.

I don't want to seem harsh on this but that's the way it is.

Thank you for understanding,

Don
Well done! I have just registered and am delighted to see decent standards. I think I will like this site!

·
Registered
20 Posts
New member - Paul

Thanks for making the expectations clear regarding standards of behaviour and forum protocol. I was a member some years ago but have recently rekindled my enthusiasm for bikes (my wife calls it a mid life crisis...) and I'm looking at buying a Sprint ST having been hooked on the bike now for some years now ever since taking one out for a ride on a Peter Stevens Triumph ride day. I'm looking forward to reading the thoughts and opinions of the members that ride Sprints and any issues that people have experienced...can't be many surely! My first query is regarding the future of the Sprint. There has been little obvious change to the model over the past few years. Is there a radical update being considered for next year? Look forward to some interesting threads!

·
Registered
509 Posts
re: Demeanor and conduct

New here but a long time member of the BMWST forum, AKA Mr. Rodger's Neigborhood.

Refreshing to see similar forums.

Figured I start here, more or less. Might as well, I just bought an '08 ST leftover, now with 100 miles on it and will have in excess of 600 on it tomorrow night.

·
Registered
94 Posts
New Sprint owner

Hi all:

Just got an '08 graphite Sprint w/ABS. Rode it as a demo a couple months ago and was very impressed. Traded in a Bandit 1250 -- excellent bike itself , but I think the Sprint will be much better for long distance and with even more power than the Bandit.

Looking forward to learning more about the Sprint on this forum, as I will likely be adding some things in the near future. Possible ride from the Twin Cities area to Yosemite in California this Summer, so would like to know of any dealers in the Western states.

Mike OD

·
Registered
2 Posts
Excellent! Glad I registered. 46yrs old & been riding for 41. I'm here to get smarter & get some tips on doing my own maint on my '02 Sprint ST. Thanks in advance for the info & help I'll receive here.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi i,m new too, well been looking for a while, just to say hello .I have a 06 sprint and i,m from ireland and i think this forum is brilliant:)

·
Premium Member
24,281 Posts
Welcome mat out

Well welcome gravy to our Sprint forum here at TriumphRat.net:)

I do not think we currently have a Sprint member in Ireland so that is great, we have a lot of 'muricans, Aussies & Kiwi's, Scots, Welsh and Poms, also South Africans and a few in Europe; Germany, Belgium, Dutch, France, Russia to name a few.

We think it is a great site too but we know we are biased.:)

cheers,
DaveM:cool:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Count me in as well. I have nothing but good things to say about this forum. There have been so many good people that have given me very good advice over a very short period time.

1 - 20 of 156 Posts