Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

I figured I would introduce myself.
My name is Chris, I live in CT and I just bought my new rocket 3r! Looking forward to checking out all of this site and talking to all of you.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Great ! Welcome I bet you are waiting for the weather to break also.
Enjoy and ride safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,649 Posts
Hello, welcome to the site. I hope you find this Triumph site to be a great place to meet and talk all Triumph bikes with a great bunch of riders.

Everyone here is very willing to help with any issues or concerns with your bike. This is really a great bunch of riders very willing to help other riders.

Cruise around the different sections and find where you fit comfortably. There are tech sections for each of the many models of Triumphs and chat sections for the same. Also we have a great classifieds section that is well worth checking out.

If you want to just hang out and shoot the breeze the “Biker Hang-Out” Chat Section will be the place to stop in.

If you haven't already please fill out your profile. It helps others to know what you ride and where on the planet you are located.

I hope you enjoy the site. The moderators are here to help if you have questions or concerns. Thanks for joining the Triumph Rat Family.

Here is a link to the rules of the site and the classifieds. I recommend that you take a few minutes to read through them.

Acceptable Use Policy

Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)

Classified Ad Rules - Read first before placing Ad

·
Registered
752 Posts
Welcome
You must be one of the first new Rocket owners on the forum, and a r model as well, that'll be a rare beast in the States, I would have thought the majority of sales will be the GT.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm the first in CT to put one on the street!
The GT was too relaxed for my liking. It was comfortable and all but the R felt "right". I am going to add the heated grips and the removable back rest for my wife when she joins me.

I tell you she asked what I'm going to change on this bike (modify I can't leave things alone) I told her other then some more aggressive baffles probably nothing. I just love everything about it. I had to put my cover on because it was in my shop and I kept getting distracted from my work looking at her lol.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I've seen a couple of YouTube reviews and everybody has loved the bike so far, even on less than ideal British winter roads, will definitely suit the more open roads in the States though.
The only minor complaint was the lack of noise from the exhaust, are there any exhaust options from either Triumph or aftermarket yet?
The standard exhaust looks good though, are you looking to keep it and possibly modify for more noise?
it's a bit stingy of triumph not to fit heated grips on both models considering the price of the bike. :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can't find any aftermarket yet. I love the looks of the exhaust but definitely needs to be louder!!! Yeah I agree they should come standard considering buying them is only 240 bucks!! I might see about modifying the baffles, if I do I'll post up a diy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts