Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all, I'm new on here. After much deliberation I finally purchased my first bike, a 2003 T100. Unfortunately it's a salvage title bike in need of basically an entire front end, i.e. stock front wheel, fork tubes, brake caliper, triple trees, etc. Can people recommend good sources of used parts / breakers / salvage yards etc?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help guys. As far as mods go, my first concern is going to be getting the bike road-worthy. But once the front-end is squared away, my plans are progressive shocks, d&d full race tt pipes, and air box eliminator as well as AI removal. From reading around here it looks like those changes will really "wake the bike up" after i put some time on it with stock equip.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
If you are getting a complete frt end remember that a Thruxton frt end will get you a smaller wheel and a better brake. Bear in mind that T100 brake caliper will not fit Thruxton fork leg so make sure thet everything is compatable if you are just picking up forks.

·
30,309 Posts
Well, when you have your front end sorted, be sure to visit our site sponsors, you can see who they are here by visiting here, good folks with some great products!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Any thoughts on how a thruxton front end would affect ride height/rake/trail etc? i also plan on using thruxton length shocks in the rear to accommodate the d&d tt pipes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts