Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just joined the site and am looking forward to meeting some new friends. Picked up my Tiger 800 last year from a friend's store where it was traded with 2000 miles?! Used it to attent the first Touratech East adventure rally last July in Huntington PA as a chase rider. Just got back from a 5 day trip to MD, VA, NC, TN and GA with a bunch of Blue Ridge riders, mostly on Tigers but GSs and a lone VFR. The Tiger met all my expectations with no issues other a ripped plastic clip on the tank bag mount- certainly not the bikes fault. Replaced the oem Pirelli rear tire with a Shinko 705 adv tire and couldn't be happier. I've used everything from Michelins, Dunlops, Bridgestones but In the past 2 years I've been using Shinkos with great luck. They wear like iron, work well in all conditions and are priced right.
My experience level is that of a 70 year old who has done east coast enduros, WERA expert with a championship in the endurance series a few years back.
Over my trusty 98 VFR, the tiger is more comfortable and easier to ride in the woods and technical off road stuff.
Mac Morgan,
Hockessin Delaware

·
Administrator
19,459 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

It seems like you will ride that Tiger like it was meant to be ridden. Good on you!

We are happy to have you here in our community.

Cheers!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts