Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new member of the forum, and a new owner of an 03 S3. Unfortunately here in the New England area I will only be able to look at it in the basement for the next couple of months...
Here is a pic of the bike:

·
Super Moderator
21,187 Posts
Welcome to TriumphRat.net!

Nice bike - you will be sure to enjoy it once you get into the better weather.

Although you identified bike and location in your post above, it would be helpful if you could revisit your UserCP and enter your bike year/model in the 'favourite bike' spot and also include your location; those will serve as instant identifiers if/when you ask any questions in the future, without having to repeat. That info will always appear under your user-name in the left margin.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Wow, sweet bike. Appears to be well taken care of... nice find.

I don't think I could let that sit in my garage all winter. At the first hint of dry pavement, I'd have to bundle up and take it out at least once or twice.

Of course, that's easy for a Georgia boy to say, I rarely see snow or anything below 30 degrees. I went out last night at 2AM for a ride around the neighborhood and it was in the mid 50's. :D

·
Registered
175 Posts
Unfortunately here in the New England area I will only be able to look at it in the basement for the next couple of months...

Aww come on. I rode to work tonight and its not much warmer here.:D

Nice bike. Best of luck with it.

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
Sweet ride! It's cold here tonight. I'm trying to thaw pipes in my back bathroom. Temps are below 0 F tonight. :(

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I don't think i am going to make it all winter...
Its not the cold so much, but the snow and ice that is still on the roads that's scaring me...I have a feeling I will be bundling up and taking a few rides as soon as the roads are a little cleaner.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Also a Newbie - But I took it for a ride sunday (NH)

Bundle up and find a warmer day. I just received my 2009 Speed Triple. I won it and can't afford to keep it. I have the NH 20 day plates and figured I better take on spin on it before it sells.

Put only about 20 miles on it, but it was great. Sunday was about 33F. Keep on the dry spots and take care.

I signed up to sell my bike, but the classifieds requires me to be a member for 30 days and post 50 times.

Carl in NH

I guess it will sell before that happens.
9a.jpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah that's the plan...The roads were clearing up a little, now more freezing rain, snow slush today:(
By the way diyernh I actually bought this bike from a guy in NH. I picked it up on New Years Day. I found it on Craigslist. You might want to try to post it there as well. Congrats on winning the bike, it really sucks that you cant keep it...

·
Registered
656 Posts
Nice looking bike! I'm also new to the S3, got an '03 as well, but it's roulette green and has the faux windscreen (or whatever it's called) on it. I got lucky and found one that had been owned by a 56 year old woman since new - only 4k miles and immaculate :)

I still haven't put the seat on mine - I just leave the seat cowl on it - but as you have yours on, have you tried two up on the S3 yet? I've heard that they're bad for it because of the short wheelbase and the pegs are seemingly designed for midgets haha.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No I have not tried 2 up, and don't even have the rear pegs on right mounted now because of the way the exhaust mounts...I would need to get a couple of spacers for the peg on the right side...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts