Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,
I'm from Melbourne, new here and just bought a new to me T-Bird Storm. I still own my speed triple and will be keeping both bikes. I've owned and ridden numerous other bikes over the last 20 years. Triumph has been my favourite brand. My wife is also into bikes and wanted me to get a cruiser, she always wanted a HD. Went to a dealer and she found out Triumphs look just as good for less money. So I got the biggest triumph cruiser.

·
Driftless Admin
11,438 Posts
Nice, welcome to the site Merc. Wife ride her own bike too, or ride pillion on yours? Triumph has a hole in their current lineup, not much for two-up riding. But the Storm does indeed work :)

The Thunderbird guys are at Thunderbird Cruiser Chat and the Speed Triple guys at Speed Triple Forum. Don't hesitate to join in there, and post up a picture of your bikes. We all love pics.

There's also the Biker Hang Out at Biker Hang-Out for general banter.

Also, please fill out your details at https://www.triumphrat.net/account/account-details, helps people know who they're talking with. Especially bike mode/year and location.

Welcome!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She tried to get a licence years ago before I met her, tried but failed, so it's pillion. The thunderbird is mine but I don't fully own it yet, final choice will be a pre purchase mechanical inspection. Its a 2012 storm 13k km with a few optional extras e.g comfort seats. Won't get on the back of the speed triple which is understandable

·
Driftless Admin
11,438 Posts
Oh yeah, I don't know how those girls perch themselves up on the back of those sport bikes. They are braver than me.

When I decided to buy a bike, wife said "that's fine, but I'm not riding on the back of yours. I want my own." I guess she doesn't trust me. Not sure I blame her :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts