Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I have had a great time reading all the posts. This forum has been very helpful as I am looking to become a new rocket owner. I currently ride an '08 Vulcan 2000 Classic LT. Have no complaints, but made the "mistake" of testing riding an '07 Rocket III Classic. I have to have it. Anyway, I read some blogs that were somewhat negative on Denver dealers. Live in Colorado and will probably buy there. Can anyone give me some info on Denver dealers?
Troy

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Foothills Triumph in Lakewood

Go to Foothills, ask for Jim. He's the guy that sold my Bonnie to me and I do not regret it one bit. Those boys on the other side of town, they just did not sit right with me. I do beleive that is where all the negative Denver comments come from. I beleive that Foothills will do you you right.

Be aware, Foothills will tack an automatic grand on to the bike (maybe more for a Rocket) to cover shipping, prep, and paperwork. Taxes and title on top of that. Tell them that you are not so inclined to pay that much, they'll negotiate some. Jim took 500 off of my fees - and this was on the last Bonnie sitting on the floor last summer. I'm sure if I didn't buy it, it would have been gone real quick. I was willing to pay the additional 500, I wanted, and I felt the deal was good. The boobs across town did not budge on their fees, which were already more than the grand Foothills wanted. They want $1175 and the dude told me on the phone that they won't budge at all on that - they feel that what they offer for 1175 is well worth it. When I asked what the 1175 gets me, he really could not tell me anything ... uhh, you get 30 minutes with our service dept to make sure the bike is set up right, and..... uhh, other stuff. 3 weeks after the sale, I noted a scratch on my gas cap - Jim overnighted a new one to me (I live 100 miles north of Denver).

Don't know if you have been in Foothills yet, but I was there this weekend, think there were at least 3 Rockets ready to go - maybe 4. I was drooing on some Street Trips and Speed Trips, so I didn't notice the Rockets that much - I definitely remember the red one by the door - looked sharp!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Wyo. I actually visited the dealer downtown. Thought they were nice, but got the impression they may be difficult to negotiate with. Will let you know. Looking forward to going to Foothills and seeing their bikes.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Good luck.
I look forward to meeting you at one of the future get togethers. we call them Rocket Salvos, and Rockets Across America.
Got one coming up in May at Maggie Valley.
Ever heard of the tail of the dragon? 318 switchback curves in 11 miles. Ought to be a blast.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another great reason to own a Triumph. Where is this tail of the dragon? Would love to try that.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Troy 676

If things don’t work out in Denver try Apex Sports in Colorado Springs. I have purchased several Triumphs from them including a Rocket III and a R3 Touring and they were great. If you go talk Gary Ammarell I know he can help you. 60 miles isn’t far when you’re on a Rocket.

Trapper

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Trapper,
I've been trying to deal on an '07 Classic demo and I don't feel the dealer is giving any discount for being a demo, so I might run down to the Springs and visit with those guys. Have a great day.
Troy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts