Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Triumphrat.net! Excited to be part of this community. I'd love to tap into some of the experience of the members of this site if you'd all be so kind...

I have a 2009 Triumph Bonneville and I bent the front rim last summer when I hit an unforeseen bolder. The tire shop said they can't fix the bend because of the disk brake (rotor) that's riveted on the wheel. It interferes with their machine apparently. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if there's a way to get the rotor off to fix the rim or if I just need to replace the whole thing? Any advice for a new member?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Umm, the rotor is bolted to the wheel, not riveted, that right there would disqualify that shop from doing ANY work to my bike, not even putting air in the tires.

·
Registered
164 Posts
That disk/rotor, is not riveted those things that look like rivets are caps over the bolts. ( refer to section 6.6 in the Haynes manual) That explain the disk removal.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
I would use an 8mm bit on a ratchet or impact driver so you get more torque, and thread them back in carefully, the thread locker they use is rather strong and cross threading them would be bad bad news

1 - 7 of 7 Posts