Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks!

I have been a lurker for about a month now and finally signed up. I purchased my first Triumph last week and I think I may have found a new obsession. My new bike is a 2001 Bonneville with 5500 miles. It came with TOR's, and a few other acessories (knee pads, windscreen, saddle bags). After everything was said and done I spent $2600. needless to say I am very excited. The following photos were taken this morning. All I have done to the bike so far was ditch the windshield and saddle-bags. I have'nt even so much as cleaned it or even wiped it down.

The second part of this post is about the windscreen. Can anyone identify what make/model it is?

What is it worth?

I will be posting it in the classified section as soon as I find out what I can get for it, so don't lowball me on purpose, with the idea of snagging it later on the cheap.

I have a dart flyscreen and some fork gaiters in the mail, was thinking about going with some Norman Hyde M bars but I'm not so sure after looking at these pics.

Thanks for all the information I collected before buying. I'm excited about being a part of this forum and a part of the Triumph gang in general.

Cheers,
Jed

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Welcome Jed
You scored on that bike. I have the same thing 2001 same
color. I have over 17.000 miles on mine and I would never let it
go that cheap. Not that I would ever let it period.
I am sure you will love it . Mine still runs like a top.
I have the roadster shield on mine and I love it , never road
with one up until last year. The one that was on yours
I have no idea what it is worth. Judging by how ugly it
looks I don't think you will get much for it :)
Welcome again always good to have another bonnie guy aboard.
Bill

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
Jed-

At the price you scored for that bike you should be donating that screen to anyone who wants it...plus, as is the rule around these parts, buying mass quanities of introductory libations.

Welcome! Now get that wallet out and buy us a beer!

:-D

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Good call! You made a smokin' deal on the bike, now you're ditching what looks like the windshield from a '56 Chevy in favor of the Dart (excellent choice). Also lost the bags. Already have the TOR's. Throwing on some gaiters. Dude, you are totally heading in the right direction!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On 2007-02-28 21:18, tba-golfer wrote:

Welcome! Now get that wallet out and buy us a beer!

:-D
I work at a brewery.........the beer is free. Anytime anyone wants to take a road trip up to the Redhook Ale Brewery in NH, I will buy all the beers.

I still cant believe what I paid for this bike. I saw it on the net and figured it must have been dropped or something worse. I guess the previous owner was just a bit slow.

And yes, the windscreen is super UGLY!!!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Welome Jed. Nice bike!
I agree with BonnevilleBilly, you got a GREAT deal. Holy-canolli, That screen looks like it's off the Bat-bike or something - somebody will want it though, you'll see. Enjoy, and we'll see you around the forums....

P.S. I've pondered the infinite grains of sand and trust me, wearing sea-weed is WAY more fun.

[ This message was edited by: KaptWilly on 2007-02-28 21:31 ]

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
tba-golfer wrote:
At the price you scored for that bike you should be donating that screen to anyone who wants it... :-D
Welcome, Jed!

Yup I agree with tba! Give it away. It will show your serious about wanting to hang out here and make friends. But are you sure thats a windscreen? I think I have seen riot police using those. Except they were smaller. :razz:

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Welcome Jed! You got the deal so that he'd be sure some-one took the screen. Excellent buy - toss the screen...

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
On 2007-03-01 00:42, Ridge wrote:
tba-golfer wrote:
At the price you scored for that bike you should be donating that screen to anyone who wants it... :-D
I think I have seen riot police using those. \

Wow, good idea.

I think I might fit some handles to it and throw a swat sticker on it.

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Great bike! Fantastic deal. With those cobby handlebar mounts, I wouldn't worry too much about getting money for that shield. It looks like a good side wind will give you fits. ARe thsoe stock bars on it now? Check out the Bella Corse site and get your dimensions. I have the Super Bars on mine and really like them. If you are going for cafe 100%, only the m-bars will do.

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
Did..he..really..say.."FREE BEER" ?

:wow: :-g

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey, my Dad just sent me this photo of my two Uncles during the 70's on their Bonnevilles. I think I have the same color scheme as the bike on the right. I guess good taste must run in the family.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts