Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Triumph Speed Triple 765 RS (wrecked)
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greeting all!! I just bought a wrecked 2020 triumph 765rs at auction. Check out those pics! Someone went for a wild ride. The wife let me put it out n my kitchen 🥰 definitely gonna need some help from you fine experts.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive fuel system
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
2016 Diablo Red Thruxton 1200 R
2,399 Posts
Welcome to T-Rat! PVC handlebar that’s a first, all u need is some plumbers putty and u are good to go…lol u can get some great fixer upper deals from auctions. look forward to your rebuild, good luck with your new project!…FTG

·
Super Moderator
2014 Bonneville T100
2,296 Posts
Hello helloskittles! Thank you for introducing yourself. We’re really glad you joined! I noticed you posted your question in the Classic Triples section of this forum. Since yours is a newer model, you'll want to post your questions in the Sport and Touring section; there's a subsection dedicated to the Daytona; be sure to land in the model year range of your bike. This is a general welcome message we send to all new members.

I hope you find this site to be a great place to meet and talk with a great bunch of riders about Triumph bikes. Everyone here is very willing to help with questions or problems with your bike(s). I have personally saved lots of time and money thanks to the skilled help I have received from members.

Please post your questions in the sections related to your bike’s model. Most of the time you will get quick, informed responses.

As you cruise around the many different sections of this site you will find a wealth of information. There are technical sections for every Triumph model and chat sections for the same. Also, we have a classifieds section that is well worth checking out. (NOTE: You need to make at least five posts before you can post to Classifieds.)

Here is a link to the rules of the site and the classifieds. I recommend that you take a few minutes to read through them.

Read first before trying to post. Classified Ad Rules - Accessing Our Classifieds

If you want to just hang out and shoot the breeze the “Biker Hang-Out” Chat Section will be the place to stop in. Biker Hang-Out

If you haven't already please fill out your profile. It helps others to know what you ride and where on the planet you are located.

Here are the governing rules of the site and what can and cannot be done here. Acceptable Use Policy - Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)

I hope you enjoy the site. The moderators are here to help if you have questions or concerns. Thanks for joining Triumph Rat!

I wish you safe, fun riding!

Reactions: helioskittles

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello helloskittles! Thank you for introducing yourself. We’re really glad you joined! I noticed you posted your question in the Classic Triples section of this forum. Since yours is a newer model, you'll want to post your questions in the Sport and Touring section; there's a subsection dedicated to the Daytona; be sure to land in the model year range of your bike. This is a general welcome message we send to all new members.

I hope you find this site to be a great place to meet and talk with a great bunch of riders about Triumph bikes. Everyone here is very willing to help with questions or problems with your bike(s). I have personally saved lots of time and money thanks to the skilled help I have received from members.

Please post your questions in the sections related to your bike’s model. Most of the time you will get quick, informed responses.

As you cruise around the many different sections of this site you will find a wealth of information. There are technical sections for every Triumph model and chat sections for the same. Also, we have a classifieds section that is well worth checking out. (NOTE: You need to make at least five posts before you can post to Classifieds.)

Here is a link to the rules of the site and the classifieds. I recommend that you take a few minutes to read through them.

Read first before trying to post. Classified Ad Rules - Accessing Our Classifieds

If you want to just hang out and shoot the breeze the “Biker Hang-Out” Chat Section will be the place to stop in. Biker Hang-Out

If you haven't already please fill out your profile. It helps others to know what you ride and where on the planet you are located.

Here are the governing rules of the site and what can and cannot be done here. Acceptable Use Policy - Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)

I hope you enjoy the site. The moderators are here to help if you have questions or concerns. Thanks for joining Triumph Rat!

Understood. Thank you for the welcome. I apologize for posting in the wrong place. I look forward to learning much from this forum!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to T-Rat! PVC handlebar that’s a first, all u need is some plumbers putty and u are good to go…lol u can get some great fixer upper deals from auctions. look forward to your rebuild, good luck with your new project!…FTG
Haha funny enough I just moved to Texas and had to use plumber putty outing in a new garbage disposal. Still have some laying around…

·
Super Moderator
2014 Bonneville T100
2,296 Posts
Hey helioskittles! No apology needed. Nobody expects you to know your way around the labyrinth that is this site on your first visit. That's the reason we send you the welcome message. A lot of good threads have started here; a few even run from start to finish in the Welcome Center. We don't lose any sleep over that. Glad you found your way here and look forward to giving you the wave as you ride around. Be seeing you...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Id love to see how this plays out, Looks like you might be looking at a decent amount of stuff once you start taking it apart. Any idea/plan on where to start?
I got to taking some parts off. the frame looks to be straight along with the front forks and no leaks on the forks or oil pan. Needs a new radiator. The biggest purchases so far look to be the headlight and the guage cluster approx 400 and 800 respectively. Probably start with the front end and make sure it starts up. I don't have a start button to check =(.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Maybe look at an aftermarket headlight (motodemic) if the price is better. I would say to start it just jump the starter but Im not sure what else the 3 way start button switch activates ignition power wise

·
Registered
'22 Speed Twin, '15 D675R
433 Posts
Theres a guy on youtube named ChaseOnTwoWheels, he does this thing called the wrecked bike rebuild series, watching those may help you get some tips on stuff. If I recall, some one had said that without that instrument cluster the bike will not start. Theres a loooot of electronics going on with these new bikes

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Theres a guy on youtube named ChaseOnTwoWheels, he does this thing called the wrecked bike rebuild series, watching those may help you get some tips on stuff. If I recall, some one had said that without that instrument cluster the bike will not start. Theres a loooot of electronics going on with these new bikes
Thank you for the help. I purchased a used instrument cluster that lights up but the screen does not come on. Really hoping it only needs to be mated to the bike?

·
Registered
15 Posts
This does look like it'll be interesting to follow. Post as it progresses! Imagine others would be interested in from learning from you as well! Does look like you'll be learning a lot..... :)

·
Registered
'22 Speed Twin, '15 D675R
433 Posts
Thank you for the help. I purchased a used instrument cluster that lights up but the screen does not come on. Really hoping it only needs to be mated to the bike?
Yes they do need to be mated. Usually on ebay you will find key/ignition locksets with the ECU and speedo/dash even for 2009-2015 era bikes. You can get your project running, it will just cost you a lot of money. If you're doing it for the pride and fun of it, that's awesome. If you're trying to sell/flip it and make money on it that may be a bit harder. Am I correct in assuming that it has a salvage title?

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
I purchased a used instrument cluster that lights up but the screen does not come on. Really hoping it only needs to be mated to the bike?
Saying you bought an instrument cluster suggests you bought the LCD type with the analog tacho that is used on the 765 'S' and 'R' models. Yours is an RS and uses the TFT instrument assembly. And sorry to be the bearer of depressing news but I just can't see you finding a good used TFT unit. They are failing at an alarming rate and being replaced under warranty. Unfortunately the replacements are also failing. This usually happens out of warranty and it's a very expensive item.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes they do need to be mated. Usually on ebay you will find key/ignition locksets with the ECU and speedo/dash even for 2009-2015 era bikes. You can get your project running, it will just cost you a lot of money. If you're doing it for the pride and fun of it, that's awesome. If you're trying to sell/flip it and make money on it that may be a bit harder. Am I correct in assuming that it has a salvage title?
You are correct. Salvage title.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts