Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Unlike most here I was awe struck that this was a factory bike and grabbed #143 of 750 immediately. The only thing needed is to remove the heavy exhaust cat and swap out the big 'n ugly turn signals (thanks California.. seriously these are truck-sized signals). The rest is awesome as-is. Coming from a jolty 200hp Ducati Panigale this is pure luxury on the street. I expected the ohlins to be all stiff and unbearable like the Duc's but they're dialed in very smooth for jamming across the worst potholes and biggest speed bumps Los Angeles can dish out. I thought about building a custom Thruxton but this thing has parts I haven't seen anywhere else. Also the chief engineer on the project has stated that some engine port work was done to increase power. Removing the cat should give it a few more ponies. And Hand painted gold pin striping?! How you gonna DIY that? lol

Attachments

·
Registered
986 Posts
Unlike most here I was awe struck that this was a factory bike and grabbed #143 of 750 immediately. l
I've got a few posts in this thread and I regret that we have made anybody who bought a TFC feel bad about their purchase....that's not fair. It's a great bike and if you have one consider yourself pretty lucky.

Keep posting about your bikes just like the rest of us.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Unlike most here I was awe struck that this was a factory bike and grabbed #143 of 750 immediately. The only thing needed is to remove the heavy exhaust cat and swap out the big 'n ugly turn signals (thanks California.. seriously these are truck-sized signals). The rest is awesome as-is. Coming from a jolty 200hp Ducati Panigale this is pure luxury on the street. I expected the ohlins to be all stiff and unbearable like the Duc's but they're dialed in very smooth for jamming across the worst potholes and biggest speed bumps Los Angeles can dish out. I thought about building a custom Thruxton but this thing has parts I haven't seen anywhere else. Also the chief engineer on the project has stated that some engine port work was done to increase power. Removing the cat should give it a few more ponies. And Hand painted gold pin striping?! How you gonna DIY that? lol
Lovely bike and a bit of a change from a panigale:smile2:
Would definitely look better with the smaller Triumph LED indicators, if that's the standard Thruxton fender eliminator (tail tidy) you can easily remove the centre section and reflectors, move everything up under the tail light and it looks just as good as any aftermarket tail tidy for no cost.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
I've got a few posts in this thread and I regret that we have made anybody who bought a TFC feel bad about their purchase....that's not fair. It's a great bike and if you have one consider yourself pretty lucky.

Keep posting about your bikes just like the rest of us.
Why beat yourself up?:smile2::smile2:

The OP asked for opinions and to be fair some TFC buyers are already modifying this limited edition Triumph so they also have some thoughts on improvement.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Why beat yourself up?:smile2::smile2:

The OP asked for opinions and to be fair some TFC buyers are already modifying this limited edition Triumph so they also have some thoughts on improvement.
I appreciate that thought but at my age I need to be better....still working on it though.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Not sure where this post goes but I purchased a TFC #313 while owning a 2016 Thruxton R. It took a while for me to even check the TFC out even as my Triumph dealer called me many times to come & check it out. I was not impressed with pics I saw online. I finally went to see one at dealer fell in love!! This is the best looking bike I've seen in a long time. Thank You Triumph!! Yes, It cost more, but look at what you get. After riding 3000 miles, I can honestly say This Is The Best Bike I've Ever Owned!! Period!! Of course I got rid of the Tail Light & Huge turn signals. No need to de-cat as bike is perfect as is. Just my opinion & I love my Thruxton TFC #313!!!!

61 - 70 of 70 Posts