Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, my name is Nick Im in the Madison, WI area and I'm new to the site. I've had a couple of Triumphs now and love them. I currently ride an 08 white S3. Previously I was riding an 07 Daytona 675 and a slew of Jap bikes.

I've been trolling around this site for a bit now and finally decided to join. I look forward to getting in on some rides as well as contribute any knowledge to my fellow enthusaist's. Definitely looking forward to making some new friends in the area to get out and ride with.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really enjoy it. My Daytona was my first triumph, I loved it, but I had an accident at work leaving me with a broken back. I bought it new and had to sell it with only 600 miles on it. The S3 has perfect ergonomics and doesn't bother me to ride for hours.

Also any performance mods that anyone can suggest would be great. I already have the arrow gp style exhaust and a tune but any other ideas would be great as I'm still pretty new to the platform.

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
A broken back? That's terrible. Glad you've healed and can ride.

You may want to see what others have done by visiting the Speed Triple forum. It's under the Sport and Touring section.

As for my own Speedy, it's so bedecked with after market and accessory bits and pieces I'm afraid it's borderline garish. Time to mess with the Blackbird I guess.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I work for the cable company in my area and had one of the leveler locks on my tall extension ladder break and fell 25 feet flat on my back, shoulders and head. Broke my back in 6 places fractured my right wrist along with some other bruising. My Dr. said I would have most likely ended up paralyzed had I not been a gym junky.

I'll definitely check out the S3 section for the best bang for my buck upgrades.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts