Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

Just picked up a brand new 2018 from the dealer a couple weeks ago - my previous bike was a Yamaha FZ6, All I can say is what a difference...

I joined this forum in 2011 and at that time was looking at a Speed Triple - needless to say, that didn't happen and my tastes have changed since then. The Tiger 1200 is everything I want in a bike.

Here's the question (and yes, I did do a search): Is there a cruise control reset procedure specific to the 2018 and up models? I know one exists for the 2017 and earlier (there is no longer an "ON" button on the 2018 and up models). My cruise control is inoperative and I would like to try a reset before having to go to the dealer (even thought he bike does have a full 2yr warranty).

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
What do you mean by reset?
If it’s set at 70 and you hit brakes or clutch it’s off. If you want to resume at 60 all is required is hit set.

·
Super Moderator
2,896 Posts
I think he means that it somehow has gotten disabled. There was some, press this then that then this button sequence posted in the past. I have no idea if one exists for that model though.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
When new bikes have the ECU unlocked for the first time there’s also a procedure to go through a function test for the cruise control with prompts to apply brakes (front and back), pull in clutch, full throttle back. If this isn’t completed corrected the cruise control won’t work. This is safety feature that ensures all the triggers to shut it off are working before it can be activated. Sometimes it does need to be repeated. You should, as a first step, get the dealer you bought it from to do or redo the function test. There should be no charge for that and if there is go directly to Triumph and complain.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When new bikes have the ECU unlocked for the first time there’s also a procedure to go through a function test for the cruise control with prompts to apply brakes (front and back), pull in clutch, full throttle back. If this isn’t completed corrected the cruise control won’t work. This is safety feature that ensures all the triggers to shut it off are working before it can be activated. Sometimes it does need to be repeated. You should, as a first step, get the dealer you bought it from to do or redo the function test. There should be no charge for that and if there is go directly to Triumph and complain.
The reset procedure I posted has no effect - off to the dealer it is. It's under warranty so it's their problem....

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
The reset procedure I posted has no effect - off to the dealer it is. It's under warranty so it's their problem....
It must be done with the bike connected to the Triumph dealer tool software. You can’t just do it yourself. As I said, each step is prompted and when the computer is happy it prompts the next step.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts