Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

new here and a few quesrtions

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  TucsonBill 
I got my Scottoiler about 18 months ago and installed it without much hassle. I actually rivited a channel on the inside of the swingarm to guide and protect the feed tube. I found it interesting that my directions said to direct the feed tube on the center of the chain directly in front of the rear sprocket. This was somewhat of a pain because the chain would grab the small dripper tube and rip it out of the larger feed tube. I run my chain pretty loose, the chain and I both like it that way! I recently saw some other Scottoiler info that had the small distribution tube running on the outside edge of the rear sprocket. I changed mine to that configuration and it's a vast improvement. Not so much slinging, it evenly lubes the chain, even if it looks like it's pointed at only one side - I think there's plenty of action when the Tiger's eating up pavement - the tube's not been ripped out since I did that, and the setting at about "3" seems to work on hot and cold days. Yes, we get cold in Arizona, too. I run Tourance tires and am on my second front, third rear. I like'um a lot! I also run a 19T that I got from Baxter Cycle in Iowa. The distances we need to cover out here in the west make those 500 extra revs well worth it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.