Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
Beautiful combination, helmet and bike! I love that color in the helmet. I took a quick look at Bell helmets for sale on Revzilla, and didn't see that kind of color. They just had black, white, and gray. Is it some kind of special order or something like that?

·
Registered
2015 Triumph America. 2014 Honda VFR800f 2022 KLR650
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Beautiful combination, helmet and bike! I love that color in the helmet. I took a quick look at Bell helmets for sale on Revzilla, and didn't see that kind of color. They just had black, white, and gray. Is it some kind of special order or something like that?
No it’s a standard color called Carbon transcend gloss candy red gold. Should be available through revzilla. Champion helmets had it on special as well, including free shipping. The price below is in Australian dollars. Haven’t ridden with it yet but it is extremely comfortable on and is very light. Looks even better in the flesh.
Automotive lighting Font Motor vehicle Screenshot Audio equipment

·
Premium Member
'06 SM 865, Sceptre Exh, Uni Pods, 45p/148m, NBZT Needles, SAI X'd, Nology Coils, TTP S1 CDI
288 Posts
That's a very nice combination. Looks like a perfect match.
I wonder if the people at Bell research bike colors when planning production batches?
@AngusB

That is possible... but I wouldn't expect Bell to be releasing a helmet in 2020 to match a factory color from the 2015 model year.

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
After a lot of soul searching, I bit the "bullitt," so to speak, and ordered a Bell Bullitt in white. Not quite as pricy as yours, but still a goodly sum. My reasoning: I trust the Bell brand, I love the retro styling, and I could get a white one. I wanted white for safety visibility reasons. And, I absolutely love the huge face opening, offering totally unrestricted vision. I intend to wear mine with the shield either up or off. I wear Ray-Ban Aviators during the day, and use a clear shield at night. Thanks for bringing these exceptional helmets to my attention!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wow, I hadn’t seen that color before, it’s beautifu! I’ve had a black Bullitt for about three years, with a brown interior. It flows lots of air, and I love the fantastic peripheral vision I get while wearing it. I wholeheartedly recommend this helmet!

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
I got my white Bullitt today. I took it out for a test ride. It worked fine for me. I was wearing the retro bubble shield on it. I rode with the shield open and closed, and at speeds up to 75 mph. There was no rattling or whistling as some have reported. There was wind noise, but not as much as I've been used to wearing a half helmet. I can honestly say that the Bullitt met all expectations and performed quite well. I was particularly pleased that it worked well with the shield up. I was worried that I would have to take it off if I wanted to ride with the face open. But that won't be necessary at all. I really appreciated the smooth air flow over and around the helmet. It felt very streamlined.

·
Premium Member
'06 SM 865, Sceptre Exh, Uni Pods, 45p/148m, NBZT Needles, SAI X'd, Nology Coils, TTP S1 CDI
288 Posts
@Triumphil59

Beautiful bike and helmet!

Question: What is the little square box mounted on your left-side handlebar?

Regards,
John

·
Registered
2015 Triumph America. 2014 Honda VFR800f 2022 KLR650
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@Triumphil59

Beautiful bike and helmet!

Question: What is the little square box mounted on your left-side handlebar?

Regards,
John
Hi John, it is the Oxford heated grips controller, was on the bike when I purchased it. I have yet to use them as living in the tropics it rarely gets below 10 deg Celsius. Phil.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Wish my Bell Bullitt Carbon worked as well. Proper fit but it was the noisiest full coverage helmet I've ever owned.

Noisy through the shield and noisy from the bottom.

I wear a perfect Shoei medium and wanted the Bell to work, but it just didn't.

Before you shell out the money try to get a ride in one to be sure it works for you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wish my Bell Bullitt Carbon worked as well. Proper fit but it was the noisiest full coverage helmet I've ever owned.

Noisy through the shield and noisy from the bottom.

I wear a perfect Shoei medium and wanted the Bell to work, but it just didn't.

Before you shell out the money try to get a ride in one to be sure it works for you.
I have a Bell Bullitt carbon too, looks fantastic, but very noisy. Wind noise similar to or worse than my Bell open face, also there is a loud whistle around the top of the visor. Using a strip of window draught seal has helped but not eliminated the whistling.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts