1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Am I seeing the price correctly? $489.95

·
Premium Member
20,740 Posts
But I haven't asked if anyone thinks it's expensive. I'm wondering if anyone thinks it will plug-n-play replace OEM.
At that price it's a bit risky to buy and then find it doesn't fit. Remember that lots of people here have had trouble fitting even an ordinary H4 fitting on the newer Bonnies, although they fit OK on the older models. No-one knows why but there are some minor differences.

The solution would be for someone to send a spare headlamp shell to the makers for them to approve the fitting.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
At that price it's a bit risky to buy and then find it doesn't fit. Remember that lots of people here have had trouble fitting even an ordinary H4 fitting on the newer Bonnies, although they fit OK on the older models. No-one knows why but there are some minor differences.

The solution would be for someone to send a spare headlamp shell to the makers for them to approve the fitting.

Quite right, Senor Chetto. It is quite an expensive way to be the guinea pig, even for someone that spends stupidly irrational money on a mere motorcycle--that's why I'm asking all you lovely lads first.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After reading the spec. sheet from the manufacture I would say yes.
View attachment 55128

Agreed, it does appear like it fits directly, but it's the headlight housing itself that most concerns me. I know lots of folks on the forum have had a wee bit o trouble with fitting upgrades to some newer Bonnie shells.

Bee-tee-dubs, Hawks, your sig line is terrific. :)

·
Registered
8,111 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,352 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Cool looking light, but as others have stated, replacement lenses on Bonnie's can be a little difficult. I put a new Hella on mine and it was a difficult fit. The lense improvement alone was worth the $70.00. Cycle Gear is advertising a complete 3,000 lumens LED plug & play kit that will replace H4, H7 for $54.95 and pull almost 1/2 the amperage.
I might give that one a try.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Tried searching cyclegear also and didn't find anything like it. That would definitely be a more palatable option in case it doesn't work out.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cool looking light, but as others have stated, replacement lenses on Bonnie's can be a little difficult. I put a new Hella on mine and it was a difficult fit. The lense improvement alone was worth the $70.00. Cycle Gear is advertising a complete 3,000 lumens LED plug & play kit that will replace H4, H7 for $54.95 and pull almost 1/2 the amperage.
I might give that one a try.

Bump! I'm the OP, and even I'm interested in a link to this item.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
i have a headwinds tomahawk 5" on my sporty, that was about $350 from a discounter, quality is BEAUTIFUL!!!! sometimes we look at the price only, when its installed and you as well as everyone says WOW you forget the xtra $$$

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
I know a fellow who has the JW Speaker led units on a jeep, the light output is shocking. And while expensive, it is a US made and engineered unit that is DOT certified, e marked for Europe and mil spec . That is why they are pricey.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts