Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Well, there ya go. Now, if they would offer it with a C&J racing frame in nickel. Love the KR/XR style timing cover.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Mert Lawill can sell you a hot rodded version right now.Google it

·
Registered
711 Posts
If HD can see the need for this "new" offering, Triumph better wake up and smell the Castrol R. I love twins and I hope Mr. Bloor is going to keep his offerings truly competitive as a complete package. He's made some long dollars, now is the time to spank the competition and support the loyal minions.

BobW

·
Registered
759 Posts
I'd definitely buy a New School Triumph Flat track, an actual style XR1200 stomping machine? That would be awesome...Side swept exhaust and all...Flat tank...

I don't the like the newer HDs going with small flashlight sized headlights. The new motorcycles look like someone punched it in between the forks... Just took a look at the Lawwill...What a great bike...I'd love to see the faces on some plastic covered rainbow colored sport bike when you roll up with those giant K&N cans hanging off the side!! HA!

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Get an extra front head and stick it on the rear cylinder, move the exhaust ports to the left and fit the XR pipes from Supertrapp. Fit a couple of 42mm flat slides on the right ala the real XRs. Redo the cams to accomodate. NOW yer talkin'!!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Brooksie

Do you know something we don't? No way would it be worth 15K, but then again Harley would do something like that!

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I thought the Storz kit looked very nice until I got to paragraph three on their FAQ page:

What is a complete turn key bike and what is the price?
Turn key bikes are usually built to order and the price, depending on specifications, is approximately $25,000 for the XR1200 shown on our web site. This price includes a new current model year 1200R Sportster. NOTE: Sales tax for California residents is not included in price. Freight costs are at buyers expense. Give us a call for details about the ordering process and deposit required for complete turn key bikes at 805-641-9540.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Agreed, my feeling is will be close to the $15k mark, new swingarm, inverted Showa front end, non-typical harley airbox (and related hose routes etc), I am not sure the stock 1200 frame they claim may be used will save any dough. I be in for around 9k or so, but then I am getting close to a classic renovation/ride, or one of them there Ducatis (I still have Ducati stuff from my 900ss and 916 days)

On 2006-12-10 21:05, sweatmachine wrote:
For 15k, I wouldn't even look at them.

10,995 maybe...

·
Registered
493 Posts
Hopefully, it won't be 15K. Base 883 Sportsters are $6595, 1200R is $8695, and a full bling 1200C is $9695. You would think it should be priced close to the upper range of the last two examples. If they overprice it, it'll be a flop. As for the Storz stuff, it is very nice, but very expensive. Trak-Tek is a good source for tracker parts on a real world budget.

·
Registered
493 Posts
On 2006-12-11 19:13, akenaten wrote:
The local Harley dealer around here doesn't have a Sportster under 12,000 kachings.What does that tell you?
It tells me to not buy from that dealer. I bought my '03 1200 fresh out of the crate in April '03 under MSRP. :wink:

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Somewhere around I have a picture of (this) my bike with Willie G. Davidson standing next to it. He had many questions about my bike at the time (1988-89) and asked him at the time if they thought they'd ever bring back an XLCR. He told me at the time he'd love too!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.