Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to change my stock bars. I've seen diagrams and dimentions while shopping online but am not too sure what they actually look like installed, apart from M's and Aces which are probably too low for me :( . Can anyone please post pics of your beauties fitted with Drag bars, superbars, western bars, t*tty bars etc. along with overview of how they compare to the stock Bonnie bars?

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Not the best pic, but stock vs flat track bars. FT come up about 1/4" higher and back about 1" more. Overall width is same. Looks a lot better than stock bars too.

·
Registered
70 Posts
new bars w/ napoleon bar-ends were the best improvement for my bonnie. it looks better, handles better and is such a looker now.

·
Registered
661 Posts
RT, where do you get the flat track bars amd price.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I have the Superbars. Nice neutral position that's just forward enough to make you feel like you're not falling off the back. I'm very happy with them. Not the best pic but should give you the idea.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Exactly the bars I'm thinking about orderring next week Pabonne......got any more pics?
sorry, cliff - that's my only one. I'm not much with a camera and haven't entered the digital age yet. I must have ten roles of film in the fridge waiting to be developed! There's probably one or two lurking in that mess but Lord knows when I'll get to it.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
I tried the factory bars, risers with the factory bars, M bars right side up, M bars up-side down, M bars with risers & without risers, Clubman bars, Clubmans with risers, flat track bars, and the factory bars up-side down with risers.

And through it all, my back and/or my shoulders, or my mid-back, or wrists, or my forearms, or my whining...... persisted.

In the back in the corner, in the dark of my garage, sat the handlebars I hated off my 2000 Sportster 1200'S', so I stuck 'em on the BonnieBlack one day. I love 'em, they work for me, and they're going on my project bike..... even with the Raask rear sets. I hope they work as well with the rear sets, as they did with the mid-controls.

M Bars with no risers:

Sporty Bars:

[ This message was edited by: FattRat on 2006-11-10 20:16 ]

·
Registered
55 Posts
I like the flat track bars - can you still use the stock end caps or bar end weights with these bars???

Thanks, Bob

·
Registered
90 Posts
I had the super bars for about 8 mos and really liked them. I switched to the m-bars and they are so much more comfortable. I switched backs for kicks to see the difference again. I didn't go 20 miles before I went back to the m bars.

M bars-

Superbars-

·
Registered
505 Posts
I get cramp in my upper back after about 50 miles, and I'm not sure if my bike has stock bars. Could someone with a stock bikecheck their bars and let me know their dimensions. My bars measure 28.5" straight across, and go back 9.5" at the ends compared to the center. Also the height of the grips is about 3" above the clamps. I would prefer more of a dropped bar like on my Ninja 250, but those Norma Hyde three piecers look weird to me.

[ This message was edited by: stu on 2006-11-13 14:03 ]

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I've had the M Bars (upside down) for 2 years now. Love them. Sporty stance and comfortable.

But I'm adding clubmans and rearsets as soon as the parts show up on my doorstep. I guess I need a little more pain in my life.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts