Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,112 Posts
Good suggestion 321Go. The topbox is a double bonus then without the look of a sissybar :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks 321go, but i was actually hoping someone came up with a cheaper custom backrest. I'd love a corbin w/ backrest, just can't swing the $ for a new seat.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Me too ... looking for a backrest for my partner, but I'm not keen on having a top-box (don't like the look & they don't seem to be too sturdy), nor am I keen on forking out $$$ for the gunfigher and lady corbin seat/backrest, especially given the 'hard seat' remarks elsewhere on the forum. It does look the goods though.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
The guy I bought my 2000 ST from had had a backrest/sissy bar fabricated out of some heavy gauge aluminum. He had it built to mount to the luggage rack.

It was a no brainer, and had a nice soft vinyl pad right where the ladies have the 'Tramp Stamp' tattoos located.

Good idea, but the luggage rack, if it remains available, was rather expensive.

I sold it years ago on eBay, and the fellow I sold it to subsequently sold it.

The cheapest solution might be to put strap of Velcro hook on the pillion...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Maybe the real question is...

Does anyone know where to find inexpensive accessories? I'm looking for a seat for my 99 sprint st and I would love to find the panniers and mounts. Is there any really good place to shope for these items?

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Does anyone know where to find inexpensive accessories? I'm looking for a seat for my 99 sprint st and I would love to find the panniers and mounts. Is there any really good place to shope for these items?
The only place to find a 'deal' on Triumph bits is on eBay.

However, buying the bags and mounts is a real problem. You see, unless the set is sold 'never installed', it is almost impossible to get all the parts in the hardware kit.

Many folks have no idea how many parts are involved, especially if they took delivery of the bike with the panniers already installed. Moreover, many original parts are swapped out, and the bike's owner almost certainly doesn't have them in a box. I do, but that's the way I am. And, I got stung when I thought I'd salvaged all the stuff off of my wrecked 2000 ST.

The hardware is available from Triumph, but you need to buy all the 'sub-kits' to build your set. Which is ugly expensive.

HTH

·
Registered
472 Posts
Me too ... looking for a backrest for my partner, but I'm not keen on having a top-box (don't like the look & they don't seem to be too sturdy), nor am I keen on forking out $$$ for the gunfigher and lady corbin seat/backrest, especially given the 'hard seat' remarks elsewhere on the forum. It does look the goods though.

Anyone have any other suggestions?
Givi system is solid. Others have concerns about SW Motech mounting

·
Registered
14 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts