Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I picked up my new T100 yesterday. First time back on a bike in 10 years and I can't wipe the grin off my face. I'd like to install aftermarket mufflers that would produce a ballsier exhaust note. Not looking for super LOUD, as I'd like to stay friends with my neighbors, but something a bit deeper and gutsier than stock if you know what I mean. Also, I see a lot of back and forth here concerning rejetting your carbs when you change pipes. With the 09 model being fuel injected, is there an equivalent modification that would be necessary? I'd appreciate the benefit of some or your experiences. Thanks.

·
Lifetime Premium
1,670 Posts
Triumph Off-road Pipes are probably your entry level to a little throatier sound without drawing attention from law enforcement.

·
Registered
11,072 Posts
Or Staintunes, but they're expensive. They sound good without being too loud.

·
30,695 Posts
Triumph Performance USA touring Dominators.

All the rumble but not quite the decibels of the Sport Dominators or British Customs Predators.

Although, I have predators and I have to say they are not the crazy loud that people lead you to believe

(as long as I stay off the gas through town, which I do)

And don't forget British Customs Sleepers.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Dominators

May I suggest the performance package at TPUSA. Grat price and great pipes. You get the ABRK and a set of SST Dominator HT. You'll get the sound you want and feel the pull in the seat of your pants. You'll need to get the 2 into 2 arrow remap from your dealer.
This a great upgrade for sound and power.

Then in about 2 months, back to TPUSA for some more goodies. It is habit forming. Seriouly, I think you'll really love these pipes.
Have a great day and you're getting a great bike. Frank

·
Registered
333 Posts
one word; SLEEPERS.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
Steve,

Nobody mention D&D's, for 1 reason, they are LOUD. But that can be fixed easily. Just check the documentation section for instructions.

I love my D&D's.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had Staintunes fitted to my Thruxton and they sound awesome (I'm not biased) but seriously, they make the bike sound like a twin should especially when under load at acceleration.
As stated they not cheap but in Australia there cheaper than Arrow pipes.

Hope this helps.

Thruxtor :cool:

·
Lifetime Premium
1,670 Posts
I just put on my 21" slash cut drag pipes. She's loud now - just the way I like it! I know that straight throughs aren't necessarily good for the best torque production but I'm okay with that, it's a trade-off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts