Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

New guy in Brisbane Australia - Bonneville SE, T100, Thruxton or?

794 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  deanoyama 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I'm looking for some guidance. I've pretty much narrowed my choice down to a Triumph after looking at BMW's, HD's and what I am not sure of is the comfort and rideability between the different Bonneville's and a Thruxton.

I'm 5'7" and weight 160lbs (70 kgs) so I don't want something too heavy..plus i have shortish arms. I like the classic look and feel and have narrowed it down to the Bonneville SE's, T100, possibly the America's and a Thruxton from 2005-2008 years. My purpose will mostly be weekend rides with the occasional commute. My partner will also join me on the weekend rides.

Would appreciate any feedback...comfort is really important.

Thanks

#2 ·
Have you ridden a motorcycle before? If not, go with something cheap and used to learn on; chances are good you'll drop it, and better that happen to an older beater than your shiny new Triumph.

If you go to the Biker Hang Out, you can search and see several threads on just this question. There's too much to go into during a welcome post, so...

Welcome to TriumphRAT! Happy choosing?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.