Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 1998 speed triple and was wondering what years are the body/exhaust are interchangeable? It has a race tail section that I would like to replace with the factory so I can ride a passenger. It still has the factory exhaust which has to go... I would like to get either a high mount or GP style to open up the rear tire. I don't know if back pressure problems would be there with a later year exhaust. Thanks for your help.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Welcome to TriumphRat.net.

We'll look forward to seeing some of your bike pics in the sticky thread

Meanwhile it is my customary request in the newbie greeting to ask you to revisit your UserCP and edit to add your bike year/model under favourite bike and your location
- I know you identified your bike above, but that will serve as instant identifier going forward, appearing under your screen name in the left margin.

Any 97-01 Speed Triple or Daytona bodywork will be direct swap.
Similarly for exhaust.
You cannot fit any 02+ exhaust to your header connection.

If you replace exhaust be sure to have the after-market ECM tune uploaded into your bike by a dealer - there are three tune options for your T509 - std, after market high & after-market low.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts