Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey there everyone. I am looking at getting an '07 S3 this week. It is white (from what I have heard, they are the fastest!) w/ 2K on the clock. It was laid over very lightly and has a few scratches on it here and there. I am pretty excited as I am getting a good deal on it. I have been lurking on here for the last week or so filling my head with all kinds of stuff. I can't really find anything bad to say about the S3. I love everything about these even though I have never riden one. It looks like a blast to ride.

Currently I have a '99 Ducati 996S that I love. I am looking at a daily "rider" and that is why I have chosen the S3.

There are only a few things the bike needs to make look better for now, a fender, bar ends, a seat cowl because the seat is torn, and the alternator cover. It also needs a clutch lever but I will get that when I go pick it up. Other than that the bike is good. I really can't wait to go get it. I will post some pics when I get it.

·
Registered
369 Posts
HEY! THAT ALL SOUNDS GREAT! But you've been mis-informed. Roulette Green is the fastest. Check oth the one in Florida for sale on FleaBay right now. It's a green 07 with alot of goods on it. I don't know what the dude's reserve $ is at but it has one 5k bid right now. Woman will like you better if you ride a green on too. :D

·
Registered
458 Posts
If you add a racing stripe, you will get 3hp more power too.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just got home.... with my "new" S3!!:elated:
I got a good deal on it. We put the clutch lever on it and I took it for a ride. WOW! This thing is sweet. It has a ton of power. The roads were wet from rain so I couldn't ride like I wanted, but I still had fun on it. I almost wheelied it several times. I am sure it won't be the last.
I really think that the white ones are the fastest after getting on this thing:D
I stopped on the way home to get an oil filter and I told the guy I wanted a carbon fender for the front and he said he had some that he was sending back because nobody bought them. He gave me a great deal on it. I really can't wait to take it out and really ride it. Tomorrow I will.
I will post some pics of it soon.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Sorry to inform that Black is *still* the fastest colour. White is IIRC the most aerodynamic on account of white reflecting light/heat better but it's only felt above 200mph. That's hayabusa country.
:p

Kudos!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I am legal to ride the S3 now. Got tags for it. I got some pics of it. I have a fender eliminator in the mail to get rid of all that plastic crap on the tail. I had to order an alternator cover because this one is leaking a small amount. It has some JB Weld on it but it's not sealed completely. I cleaned the bike up a bit and lubed the chain.

I put almost 100mi on it today and enjoyed all of them. This thing is a blast to ride. It's way more fun than I thought it would be. I almost threw myself off the back of it a few times. It was interesting to say the least. I couldn't get the smile off my face the whole day.

It's gonna be hard to choose between the S3 and my 996 when I pick it up from the shop.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Get her some frame sliders. Can't stand a triple without them. Heaven knows why! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts