Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 T120 and I have never replaced brake pads on any bike I have owned but am thinking it is not too difficult and I could learn by watching an online video.

Is this a good idea? I was thinking about buying EBC brand from local dealer. They have two from this brand one is about $30 and the other is about $36 each.

Should I be looking at another brand?

Attachments

·
Registered
701 Posts
I replaced mine with the EBC pads pictured. It wasn’t difficult to do along with the help of my Haynes manual. On a scale of ten, I’d give it a difficulty rating of 3. I think it’s a good idea!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

I replaced mine with the EBC pads pictured. It wasn’t difficult to do along with the help of my Haynes manual. On a scale of ten, I’d give it a difficulty rating of 3. I think it’s a good idea!
You gave me the encouragement I needed with your rating of 3/10 on a difficulty scale. I would agree with your rating now that I am done.
It took me about a half hour. I watched a video online to get the general idea. I just tested them out and they work great. Thanks again for the reply!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Good for owners of newer T120's. Still an issue on my 2017 T120 though. Doesn't affect braking performance, just annoying

·
Registered
113 Posts
I've experienced it on a couple occasions on my 2016 T120. It seems to have gone away. It does still make a high frequency noise when backing up and applying the front brake though. Good on you Road_Gypsy for trying and succeeding with this wrenching job!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts