Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Recently bought a 2nd hand 2008 (Though it was stamped 2007) Green Street Triple, it was the dealers demo model.

24 hours after taking it home an old lady decided to drive out in a roundabout when it wasn't her turn.

Was all minor damage except the lug on the frame that stops the handlebars turning to far broke, so it needs a new frame.

Her insurance will pay up, but we get to keep the bike and the option of selling it to a wrecker that has guaranteed a certain price.

To have it fixed we will need a new frame, and I was hoping someone here has a wrecked bike (Or daytona since they use the same frame) with the frame still intact and would like to sell it.

Thanks,

Cam

·
Registered
582 Posts
Believe it or not keep an eye on Ebay. I saw a wreked street triple about two weeks ago. The frame and forks were perfect but the swingarm and rear sub-frame were damaged. I want to say it was going for about $2,200USD.

Sorry to hear about the incident!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The bike was written off by the insurance company and requires an engineering certificate to be road worthy again, so has to be a new frame. New frame from Triumph is about $4000 Australian, if they will let me have one, they dont seem to want to co-operate, even with the dealer.
Plus side is the turning circle is a lot better, but I do think its needed otherwise the forks hit on the radiator.

Not sure what you mean doggy?

Cam

·
Registered
366 Posts
The Street Triple is made to be VERY light....as such it has an aluminum frame (which is easily damaged). My guess is that you may think it's only the steering lock nub...but there's a good probabilty that there may be more damage to it than you know. I don't suspect an insurance co would be eager to pay out for a "totalled" bike...over a steering nub. Seems a bit "over the top" to me, as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts