Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I can only assume from the lack of responses to my post that the community here doesn't like it much. What's the saying, If you don't have something good to say then don't say anything? I thought I would give a road test update. After riding with the new fairing for a couple weeks in 50 deg and rainy weather I am glad I got it. It makes a big difference. It doesn't cause buffeting and keeps your core upper body dry and warm. I used Memphis Shades quick detach mounts and will most likely remove it when the weather gets warm enough but for now I'm keeping it on.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I appaud your effort and it does look well done. I have the Roadster screen on mine and I'm not crazy about it mostly for the buffetting it produces. I have to admit a non-shielded Bonney looks best to the eye but hanging on at highway speed for any amount of time is tiring.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree. I like mine best without the windshield but with gas prices I am riding the bike a lot more these days and needed something to help in cold and rainy weather. I live outside Chicago. I couldn't see buying the Triumph windshield system for $500 so I made my own. I have about $400 in the whole thing incl paint. I purchased amplified speakers for the inside of the fairing that will come off with the fairing. I like the bare look in the summertime.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think it looks great, I am looking for bullet fairing without any luck. I have been a died in wool Harley rider all my life and not liking the lack of accessories available for these bikes. Did you come across any in your search

·
Registered
205 Posts
I like it too. I put a screen/shield/fairing on all my bikes because I end up doing a lot of highway miles and don't like fighting the wind for extended periods of time. Is it just me? I don't see a lot of posts from America/Speedmaster riders, so that may be the reason that there hasn't been a ton of responses.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Fairing

It looks better than all that garbage on the Harley next to it. I had a Goldwing and I think Harley is trying to copy it with little success. The one on yours is clean.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I recently completed the install of a Memphis Shades batwing on my 09 America. Had to put lowers on to get rid of buffeting but it is much smoother and quieter now. Just trying to figure out a paint scheme now. I like the way you did yours. Is the pinstripe paint or tape? thanks, tom

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think it looks great, I am looking for bullet fairing without any luck. I have been a died in wool Harley rider all my life and not liking the lack of accessories available for these bikes. Did you come across any in your search
Not much out there. I have modified or fabricated most of what I have on the bike, generic fairing from ebay, Memphis Shades mounts, Jap backrest, mounts and saddle bag brackets.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I recently completed the install of a Memphis Shades batwing on my 09 America. Had to put lowers on to get rid of buffeting but it is much smoother and quieter now. Just trying to figure out a paint scheme now. I like the way you did yours. Is the pinstripe paint or tape? thanks, tom
I will be paint but right now it's tape. The shop I had paint it told me to come back this winter and they will paint it on and clear coat it.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Generic batwing fairing of of ebay and Memphis Shades mounts.
Martin I really like what you've done. Can you show pictures of how it's mounted from the riders side of the fairing. And are the mounts that you got from Memphis Shades generic or ??

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Martin I really like what you've done. Can you show pictures of how it's mounted from the riders side of the fairing. And are the mounts that you got from Memphis Shades generic or ??
I will take some more pictures of the mounts as soon as I can. They are Memphis Shades mounts for another bike and they took just a little modification for my bike. I have the straight fork tube covers not the tapered ones.

Lance.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Which Americas have the straight fork tube covers? I have the tapered ones and they're a pain in the neck.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts