Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new exhaust pipes modified by none other than the exhaust man himself rodburner. they are stock thruxton cans shortened with the reverse cones welded back on. the pipes are gutted all the way to the cat inside the cans. they sound great and i have rejetted the bike to 130 mains and 1 shim. pipes were painted in rustoleum bbq black. i should post a video but im too busy riding! here are some pics of the pipes.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
man i really dont know. i had one roll 1"x50'. not enough. i unrolled the whole thing then cut it in half and thats all i got out of it. overlapped 1/4 inch.

·
Registered
260 Posts
actually i'm about to do the same thing,,photoshopped it a couple months back,,just haven't gotten around to doing it yet
i'm goin to tig mine back together,with stainless tie wrap wire,so i can buff and keep chrome that way
all restrictors are out??but baffle is in right?

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
By "baffle",if you mean the fiberglass packing that lines the inner walls and the perforated steel that holds it there,then yes,it is baffled.Otherwise,you can shove your hand inside up to the cat material. Gil chose to paint them as is.The chrome was only discolored an inch from each side of the weld.He could have just dipped the ends like DairyQueen.:D

·
Registered
260 Posts
yeah thats it,,i pulled two restrictor plates outta mine,but when i chop them the last one is comin out to,,,anyway to get a sound clip,that was another reason i held off,,not sure what a real shorty would sound like,,tinny or deep,ear plugs or an annoying grin
good job btw,and the black is startin to grow on me

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
I haven`t heard them yet either.But he did pull off his new Emgo`s to mount these,so they can`t be all bad.:D He said I could have the Emgo`s,so they will bow to the torch also,for experimental purposes and a backup set of cans for Gil`s Thruxton. There WILL be a cheap alternative to Predators!:D

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you will be hearing them soon! the bike went under the knife again last night. airbox is pretty much all gone. whats the name of that dealer you said had some jets? im thinking of going 140 mains 42 pilots. i have the pilots just need the 140s. ill take some pictures of it once i clean up down there....

actually i still need to make a carb brace and get the filters as well.

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
Gil,the Honda dealer on Center street[just before you get to Fircrest] has jets.Take your originals to get the proper style.When your done there,go across the street [really] to HomeDepot and get a small aluminum turnbuckle in the hardware dept. for the carb brace,eye on one end,hook on the other.I`ll pm you a pic to show the mounting setup.Call BentBike in Auburn to see if they still have the 54mm Emgo pod filters. As good as K&N [IMO] and 1/3 the price. If not,you can borrow mine for a while.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
im going to pick some filters up later on today. i priced em yesterday... 12.95! :D yeah send me a pic of what the brace looks like. been trying to figure out what i was going to do with that... thanks for help.

what jetting setup are you running?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
here is the current setup. fuse box and stator and connected the the battery box. the picture makes the wires look way more cluttered. the right side is pretty clear but the left side has that big harness im just hoping the filters will block

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well i got everything buttoned up on the bike thanks to rodburner and it runs awesome! pulls hard through all gears.

i wouldnt have been able to do have of the things ive done to my bike without the search button, thank you very much search button.:D

and rodburner for letting me use some of his stuff to get my bike back on the road. your filter will be back your way soon!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts