Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
10,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have gone from Maine to New Jersey over the past summer. I have not seen one Rocket outside the dealership. I also went to Laconia and not one Rocket other than mine...I know you are out there..Do you find Rockets as scarce as I do.
Many people approach me about the Rocket with questions. It makes the Rocket owners kind of exclusive....unllike the over abundance of other bikes. Let me know if you have ahd a similiar experience.. :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

·
Registered
563 Posts
I have 2 agree with you. When I first bought my Rocket in '04, it seemed like I saw more of them around. Now, 2 years later rather than being more popular, they seem to be less popular. I don't really care. I like mine a lot & would do it all again in a heartbeat. However, it makes one wonder how they're selling world-wide. Always worried about them "dropping" the line. Either way, it started out as an "exclusive" bike and 3 yrs. later remains one. Fine by me ! Ride On! :hammer:

·
Banned
10,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tri Al I to like have a bike that is not as common as HD or any other lager quantity bike. Uniqueness is a good thing. Heck I have an 05 graphite R3 which is even more unique...

·
Banned
1,900 Posts
Those who follow the crowd,will never lead one...! :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :)

[ This message was edited by: TRIIICK on 2006-11-13 20:34 ]

·
Registered
27 Posts
I went to a british bike show in CT this summer and there was mine and one other. I went to the Vanilla Bean in Pomfret CT and thought I would be the only one, and no, there was another just like it. I went to the open house this fall at the Moto Guzzi dealer in Windsor CT, and there was another. Not many around, but I do see a few.

·
Registered
145 Posts
i rode with the wife to a local tourist spot. 65 mi . from home . we parked next to a pair of blk 2006 rockets. last month i went to a local supply house and parked next to a guy on a red one. they are out there. they seem to be a private group. only one guy that rides with the RAT, rides one. i have been giving it some serious thought? joe :???:

·
Banned
10,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know most of the time it seems rare to run into another rocket, atleast where I am.

·
Registered
563 Posts
There was actually one nite at Bike Nite around here about a year ago, when I counted maybe 3 other Rockets besides mine. That was the most I'd ever seen in one place at the same time, other than at a dealer! But that's what's "cool" about 'em. :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ive been riding my Rocket around NE Mass since May.. excpet when it was back at the dealer in july and part of august. (idiot knocked it over in a parking lot) Rode to the Vou in NY. Havent seen another one on the road... Heard rumors of one at the Vou...

·
Banned
10,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea I have heard rumors of one in Mid Maine as well. I parked it in front of my house and had Harley owners stopping to look at it. May be some day they can go from a scooter to a real bike......

·
Registered
99 Posts
All of you guys should keep Americade in mind for next summer.. its in Lake George New York in early June and we gather close to 20 Rockets each year for 3 days of riding together and partying..(Thrusday thru Sat) Posts will go up in early winter and then more specifics in the spring. new England Captains should definately participate.

David

·
Banned
10,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
On 2006-11-29 19:40, DHarvey wrote:
All of you guys should keep Americade in mind for next summer.. its in Lake George New York in early June and we gather close to 20 Rockets each year for 3 days of riding together and partying..(Thrusday thru Sat) Posts will go up in early winter and then more specifics in the spring. new England Captains should definately participate.

David
I plan on ging next year...Lake George is great>....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts