Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Shakey, you can probably go up as many RPM's as you want. Just go up 500 RPM's at a time till the engine blows, then back it down 500 RPM's. :) Vegas

·
Registered
288 Posts
Hey widowmaker:

What is the advance curve of this new box and how many degrees total advance does it provide? Which air-cooled twin was this advance curve developed on? Is there a change in fuel octane requirements?

Instead of saying "call for details" would it not be much more effective to post the details here or on the british-customs website?

·
Registered
503 Posts
On 2006-02-18 08:26, WANG wrote:

Instead of saying "call for details" would it not be much more effective to post the details here or on the british-customs website?
Yeah dude post your wares, specs, cost etc.

Had the same carap "call for details" about the specs of their $800 reground cams when I emailed them for information, as if I'm going to waste my time and money calling the States from Oz if they can't be bothered providing information to a potential customer.

Plus they want you to pay the freight UPS for delivery in the States after you spend $800!!!! Should be free freight, hey.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I don't think it is wrong for them to say give us a call, have you not seen what happens when someone tries to give the details about something on this web site? I think that the guys over at BC have been excellent with me! and i know that if i really want the answerers to the questions i have i should talk to the person live or else i will spent hours and hours trying to pull it out of email format. If your are going to spend 800 bones on something then take the time to call the company ask all of your questions get the info make a decision and place the order.

I don't want this forum filled with adds and info on every product on the web, however i like that when a new product comes out we get a notice and directions on how to find out the rest of the info...

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
What they are selling is a, Procom Engineering igniter module. Some have worked,some have not, so it's up in the air if it's worth spending your money.

04BB

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
On 2006-02-19 14:06, widowmaker wrote:
Okay guys here you go

its 3 degress advance after 2500 RPM's and 1000 cc increase for $225.00 dollars...a whole new ECU to your front door. call me

1000cc increase? Or did you mean 1000 RPM increase on the limiter!! :-D

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Let's see...a 1000cc increase to my 790cc bonnie would make it 1790cc. That's what some would like and the price of $225 would interest many; however, I can get into enough trouble with 790cc. :-D :-D

I would really recommend reading what one types before submitting the reply; however, when I fail to get it right after doing that, I can go back to the reply and click on edit and correct what I have entered in error. :-D

Larry

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
On 2006-02-19 14:06, widowmaker wrote:
Okay guys here you go

its 3 degress advance after 2500 RPM's and 1000 cc increase for $225.00 dollars...a whole new ECU to your front door. call me
OK but are they going to work on the 2005 T100 865cc Bonnie?
The ones advertised on e- bay say for 2004 790cc only-whats the deal??

[ This message was edited by: HiVel on 2006-02-19 22:53 ]

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have this box. It works great.
If anyone knows Matt's 45 year history with building performance engines you would have no question about how the box works. Yes he uses the pro com box that is programed to his researched mapping. My Father always said you get what you pay for and I have built my Bonnie with S.B.T. ie.. British Customs parts and my bike runs perfectively. Seat of my pants says that I have faster throttle response in the mid to high revs. The box revs to 8500 but with my setup I shift at about 8000. after 8000 there is little power increase. Going up hill I am showing 95mph at 8000 in 3rd. I have not run out 4th and will never run out 5th. The bike has usable power from 2000-8000 and at 7100 does not start to lose power but rather it will pull strong. If you are running a stock set up Matt says you will not need the extra revs but with pipes and air box removed I think you enjoy the difference.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts