Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted a few custom tunes on t595.net They are free to download. I have logged about 12,000 miles on these and forgot about posting them sooner. Too many projects!

They are for Trident, TwoBros, IXIR and D&D pipes. 93 octane
ST 05-06 20106 base.

A16-20106, A 20213 Speed3 conversion, modified, Good for about town riding, Good mileage, Cool running.

Afc-20106, A 20213 Speed3 conversion, modified, Less than average mileage, moderate heat, excellent performance. Great for trackdays and leaving your friends behind. My personal favorite.

KB-Trackday, A Wayne McDonald 07 dyno tune that Kevin LaGrange sent me. Converted to 20106 and modified. Good performance, low mileage, high heat. A trackday only map.

Enjoy, Jeff

·
Premium Member
24,400 Posts
Posted a few custom tunes on t595.net They are free to download. I have logged about 12,000 miles on these and forgot about posting them sooner. Too many projects!

They are for Trident, TwoBros, IXIR and D&D pipes. 93 octane
ST 05-06 20106 base.

A16-20106, A 20213 Speed3 conversion, modified, Good for about town riding, Good mileage, Cool running.

Afc-20106, A 20213 Speed3 conversion, modified, Less than average mileage, moderate heat, excellent performance. Great for trackdays and leaving your friends behind. My personal favorite.

KB-Trackday, A Wayne McDonald 07 dyno tune that Kevin LaGrange sent me. Converted to 20106 and modified. Good performance, low mileage, high heat. A trackday only map.

Enjoy, Jeff
Just a note Jeff that you are in the USA and Octane ratings are measured differently by different countries.
i.e. 93 Octane is not necessarily the same in say Australia or South Africa or the UK.

cheers,
DaveM:cool:

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
These tunes are not restricted to premier members. Anyone can go on and download non-restricted tunes and view non-restricted information. The restricted information and is usually done by premier members and I understand why, they put allot of time and money into acquiring the knowledge. As a paid member I chose not to restrict any of my tunes. It's a hobby for me. You do need to register.

Sorry I'm not aware of the different octane ratings or what is equivalent to 93US. Just use the highest that's publicly available at the pump.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No problem DEcosse.

Love your front fork postings. You put loads of time into that. I plan to do the swap. Many thanks!

Jeff

·
Premium Member
24,400 Posts
Sorry I'm not aware of the different octane ratings or what is equivalent to 93US. Just use the highest that's publicly available at the pump.

Jeff
Hi Jeff,
no need to apologise I did not mean to come across in any negative way, your thread and information are great.:)

I just wanted to point out this fact so that other nation members would be aware that there is a difference.
It may not be relevant as I am not a very technical person but I thought it might be.
So no offence intended ok sport?:)

DaveM:cool:

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dave,
I should and will acquire the information on the different octane ratings and post them with the tunes. It would help. Thank you for pointing that out.

For the rest,
A few notes on the new tunes:
They were tested on 05's with TwoBros and IXIR systems. Emphasis was for maximum torque and drive coming off the apex of a corner starting at about 2500RPM. Timing changes start at 1600 and end at 5000, 1%TP to20%TP. After extensive testing I found no noticeable improvements outside of this. Fuel and A/F Ratios were increased across the board. Timing and A/F ratios changes at startup to improve cold weather starting. Engine is in a closed loop mode at idle. All three tunes are the same in this area. They are also on the rich side to cut down on heat and save the engine. They differ in engine heat output due to timing advance. More advance, more heat. I chose not to go on the lean side because what may be fine for my bike could be too lean for another. Best results were with the hotter CR8EK spark plugs.

Tips on getting the most out of a tune:
The throttle bodies MUST be balanced and the ISCV (idle speed stepper motor) and Throttle Position Sensor have to be set correctly.
Check these after the new tune is loaded.

Jeff

·
Registered
132 Posts
Katana Boy,

Thanks for the info and the new Tunes. I'll have to check them out.

Could you please explain the Throttle balancing procedure with the tune boy? Also, how do you check the throttle position sensor and the ISCV, as well as setting them if needed?

Thanks,
Brian

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Brian,
Nice to hear from you.

You can find a detailed procedure on past threads here as far as propping up the fuel tank, etc... You will be using the "test screen" in Tuneboy instead of a flow meter. I suggest also setting up a large fan to help cool the engine while doing this.

The test for the ISCV is found on the "Sensors" screen. Note: If you have to adjust the Throttle Position Sensor you will need to remove the throttle bodies using a torx bit (size? not sure) for the rubber boot and you will need a special "tamper proof torx bit (one with a hole drilled in the center) for the TPS. I would also replace those screws with bolts for easy future adjustments. Ignition ON with the engine not running for this adjustment.

Do you have a workshop manual? If not then PM me.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
Katana ... to adjust the Throttle Position Sensor you will need to remove the throttle bodies using a torx bit (size? not sure) for the rubber boot and you will need a special "tamper proof torx bit (one with a hole drilled in the center) for the TPS. [/quote said:
Or, leave all in place and cut down a bit to use in the TPS, then turn it with a ratcheting box end.

Bit in wrench has been cut down. The lower bit is normal size and is too long to fit between the frame and the TPS screws.

Manometer 022.jpg

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Just a quick note on octane ratings. There are two ratings that are generally used, research octane number and motor octane number. RON can be quite a bit higher than MON. The US rating is an average of the two.
My understanding is that most European countries use the RON.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hey Jeff,

Thanks for the quick reply.
Very familiar with "propping" up the tank, the P.I.T.A. part off doing air filter work and checking the plugs. I just did a replacement of the Ignition Coils and switched to the Iridium Tipped NGK Plugs, CR9EIX, K&N Air Filter cleaning, and an oil change. Going through all this work I started thinking about the tunes I downloaded last month from T595 (thank you by the way) and had wondered about the throttle body adjustments.

Speaking of which, while doing the other work I discovered that two screws holding the throttle body in place had disappeared. That's right!! Gone. The ones holding for the #1 cylinder. I checked the others and they were a little loose but still in place. It has been a while since I've been in the shop for there repairs and I've never touched them so I was surprised to see them missing. Went to the local AutoZone and picked up a couple of M6x16 Socket Head Cap Screws and tightened her together. With the new plugs, coils, filter, and tight throttle body my little baby is screaming again (in a good way)

I've got over 46,000 miles on my 05 Sprint so having a couple of loose screws (on the bike) is expected I guess. All of the others seem to be good but I will definitely have to check them again the next time I clean the filter (even with the dab of Locktite on the screws).

The sensors get checked all the time when I connect the Tuneboy, guess a brain fart made me forget that I do check those with the tune boy.

On your tunes:
Does the afc20106 and/or the a16-20106 work without the SAI? Mine has been completely removed.

Thanks,
Brian

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Brian,
The tunes w/SAI will work fine in your bike.

Oldndumb,
Nice mod to the torx bit. I like that. Retired guys have the time to do that! :)

Jeff

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
For whats it worth.

I ran one of Katana Boy's Tune in my 2005 Sprint and it ran great. It was one of his last years tunes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts