Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.
Been having trouble with Buffy (my 2004 Tiger 955i).
Having done as many checks as i can i am flummoxed. She started stalling at junctions and progressed into not wanting to play at all.
New plugs? no change.:confused:
all voltage checks, stator, reggy rec etc all check out.
New pipes for the AICV and new seal for round the intake of the air box? No change:cry:
Whatever i have tried it feels like i am shopping at the pound shop... No change.
changed the coil sticks.. guess what? No change...o_O
I have heard it mentioned that the coil sticks are coded. is this so? If so, can i re-code them from Tuneecu? If so, how?
If anyone has any ideas:unsure: i would appreciate hearing them.
Thanks in advance for any assistance offered.(y)

A very weary grizzler.:sleep:

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
News to me on the coded bit - maybe they meant plug them in correctly (cylinder 1 to connecor 1, cylinder 2 to connector 2 you got the idea) .
Try a TPS reset on TuneECU and see if that doesn't do it.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I had the exact same thing on my 955. It would not tick over at all at junctions. I took the IACV apart and gave it a good clean with (I think) rubbing alcohol. To be honest, it didn't really look dirty, but it certainly cured the poor running

·
Registered
836 Posts
**By the way, the coil sticks are NOT coded. You can put them in any way you want, as long as you have them plugged in the correct cylinder

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
News to me on the coded bit - maybe they meant plug them in correctly (cylinder 1 to connecor 1, cylinder 2 to connector 2 you got the idea) .
Try a TPS reset on TuneECU and see if that doesn't do it.
Done that Steve. No change. The coded thing was just wishful thinking on my behalf. 😁
I had the exact same thing on my 955. It would not tick over at all at junctions. I took the IACV apart and gave it a good clean with (I think) rubbing alcohol. To be honest, it didn't really look dirty, but it certainly cured the poor running
Hi labour. Thanks for the reply. That is to be my next move. I've replaced the pipes but didnt check the stepper motor bit. Would you know off hand what voltage they run with?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Done that Steve. No change. The coded thing was just wishful thinking on my behalf. 😁

Hi labour. Thanks for the reply. That is to be my next move. I've replaced the pipes but didnt check the stepper motor bit. Would you know off hand what voltage they run with?
Labour??? Bloody predictive text. lobout. 🤘😎🤘

1 - 7 of 7 Posts