Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just installed these and they are really sweet. Only bad deal about install is that the clamps hit the console when bars are turned to the extreme left or right. Oh and the brake cables hit the clamps at a certain point limiting the adjustable positioning of brake lever.
One more questions during the install the brake reservoir was turned upside down would that effect braking?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
just installed these and they are really sweet. Only bad deal about install is that the clamps hit the console when bars are turned to the extreme left or right.
GSG Mototechnik sell a gauge relocation kit that moves gauges to mount on top clamp. Then the gauges will turn with the bars.
-> No more clearance issue.

Oh and the brake cables hit the clamps at a certain point limiting the adjustable positioning of brake lever.
Shorter custom brake lines should solve this one. You can get banjo connectors with various exit angles.

I also once ran the master cylinder banjo on front of the slot where it usually mounts into. That way line will angle more forwards, but clearance to brake lever is very minimal and you might have to shave a few mm off the lever.

One more questions during the install the brake reservoir was turned upside down would that effect braking?
Should be fine if you did not pull lever while there was air in the master cylinder bore itself. If the brakes feel fine, they most probably are.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I definitely want to keep the top clamp free of obstructions such for example no gauges:) Being able to reroute the exit point where the front brake cable comes out would definitely help.

·
Registered
299 Posts
What clipons are those. I've been thinking of them also as I love the bike but miss the sport bike position.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What clipons are those. I've been thinking of them also as I love the bike but miss the sport bike position.
LSL offset. the highest point of the clip on will match the top of the triple clamp and your hand position is just a hair lower.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Can you post pics from other angles with a better camera. Thats one fuzzy pic.

Thanks

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would love too but will need to wait for better weather, rain has my putting my beast in hibernating mode till the sun shines.

·
Registered
18 Posts
clipons

on your head light/dash there are two fasteners holding bracket, Remove rubber bushing from top one and install washer between frame and bracket. This will allow you to pivot about 8 to 10MM on bracket. Look no clearance issues:D

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have LSL's as well, for 2007 - offsets for 52mm. Woodcraft now makes 3 different offsets in 50 and 48mm I believe.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
on your head light/dash there are two fasteners holding bracket, Remove rubber bushing from top one and install washer between frame and bracket. This will allow you to pivot about 8 to 10MM on bracket. Look no clearance issues:D
so you are actually lowering it? if so doesnt it vibrate more?

·
Registered
18 Posts
yes

pivot away from clipon travel. I could not tell the diffrence also if you have clearance issues with brake line go on other side of bracket

1 - 13 of 13 Posts