Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking around flea bay while having a cuppa stumbled across a few stainless and titanium cans quite cheap but not listed as bike specific.Have measured the Tiger at 20.5 inches long and the down pipe connector at 2 inches, now could I use one of these and have a piece of pipe bent up to suit(or buy a fitting kit) and if the new can inlet is 57mm have the connector pipe stretched or spaced out to fit or would this cause back pressure problems, your advice is greatly appreciated as Tiger specific cans seem to be out of my reach where as this route makes it a viable option,just love the burble but want it a little louder

·
Registered
198 Posts
Looked at doing the same myself and after buying a used 2 Brothers pipe on fleabay, spending a whole lot of time trying to MAKE it fit, and then adding in the cost of having a pipe custom bent (also couldn't find anyone here in the keys that could do the "difficult" bend needed) had I been able to...........
I sold the 2 Brothers used "deal" of a pipe on fleabay and ponied up the extra $$$ for a Blue Flame exhaust. Took 5 min. to install and has been great ever since. No remap no issues....well worth the $$$.
IMHO

Keep searching the net. May find someone who bought the after market and don't like it, or has a damaged bike they are "parting" out and could get a deal that way.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have fitted a Scorpion can with a fitting kit from Peter(very helpful) @Trident, and must admit it sounds great,nice and deep but not too obtrusive

1 - 6 of 6 Posts