Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello...is this thing on?... testing test...1...2..3..

call me Ishmael...wait...no that's not right.

modre here. new owner of an 07 T100...black and red..300 miles now. traded an 02 BMW RT for it...i LIKE this Triumph...reminds me of my youth.

let's see if that worked.

hoo RAH...my '66 T100C

on the new one, just got done adding a center stand, gators and I made a mid high seat bar from an old set of 7/8" buck bars I had laying around.

also, a quick heads up on an eBay aution of mine that ends tomorrow...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200050155712
if anyone is thus inclined...I hit a deer 4 years ago on the Beemer and the back hasn't been right since...so the car project goes.

·
Registered
711 Posts
modre, welcome, good choice on your new T and the pics of your youth reminded me of the time warp that brought me here today. Man, life seems toooooooooo short. Too bad on the kit car, they are a blast, but as you posted, donated hours never get compensated for even pennies on the dollar. Ah well, boys and their toys, it's all good.

Ride safe and congrats!

BobW :chug:

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you sir.

here's a couple more homemade tidbits for the general amusement.

if you don't have a lift yet, get one...it takes 95% of the trauma off the broken back...here's one I made a few years back...but Harbour Freight has an OK one for around $300 on sale now and then...serious lifts are $700-1500. I've already had 1000 lbs. on this with good results.

here's the sissy bar I welded up from some old handlebars I had laying around

from the back

I may yet add a minimal rack to protect the rear lights. My intention was for some security for mz. modre and something to bungie to. it may get a back pad yet...still a work in progress.

the front (downtubes) reflectors are gone, the others are soon to follow I think.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
when Triumph first came back early 90s, the Tiger is the bike I lusted for...took it for a ride...fell in love...and by mistake bought the BMW RT...when it was 3 months old, I hit a deer on it...35 mph and down hard. (been riding dirt and street since I was 10 or so...I thought I was immune too...had an eye opening experience.)

Be careful of the stupid deer...they hit like lightning, they should all be lined up and shot post haste IMHO.

anyway, I rode a Scrambler...the dirtish style suits me better, but didn't think much of the 270 firing...bought this 360 firing with the thought I could duplicate the 2 into 1 high on the left side pipes as was the first pictures I posted...and the 360 would breathe better thru one out...also didn't like the restricted access to the right carb with those 2 high pipes run like that. we'll see if I get that far.

in 300 break-in miles the chicken strips are about 1/8" wide...I like this Bonneville just fine. just plain fun. I like the peppy skinny nimble and lightness.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
http://www.huntingpa.com/Deer recipes.html

I also heard if you hit 'em fast enough they just split in the middle and dissapate.

hold yer feet jus so and you got a new pair of chaps.

but on the serious side, I've been preaching this for 4 years to pretty much "yeah yeah yeah...so what" reception...this past summer Fatboy Gary hit one running between jobs...laid in a coma for 4 weeks then dropped off the end...his wife died of cancer a couple years ago, and his 18 yo daughter is on her own...and not much in the looks department.

so there you have it...

funny part is there are some reading this right now that will have a similar eye opener...sad but true...'n I told you so.

shoot them phaquers.
:moon:

·
Banned
10,016 Posts
On 2006-11-30 08:59, modre wrote:
thank you sir.

here's a couple more homemade tidbits for the general amusement.

if you don't have a lift yet, get one...it takes 95% of the trauma off the broken back...here's one I made a few years back...but Harbour Freight has an OK one for around $300 on sale now and then...serious lifts are $700-1500. I've already had 1000 lbs. on this with good results.

here's the sissy bar I welded up from some old handlebars I had laying around

from the back

I may yet add a minimal rack to protect the rear lights. My intention was for some security for mz. modre and something to bungie to. it may get a back pad yet...still a work in progress.

the front (downtubes) reflectors are gone, the others are soon to follow I think.
Very Nice...

·
Registered
913 Posts
I'm not sure what's nicer... your Bonnie or your garage. Ok, the bike's nicer. But oh to have a shop like that.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
that shop is hard won and long overdue.
I did years outside beg borrow and stealing...and only bought this house in 6-03...mainly because it had a spot for my bus...another odd project

which I did after this 1790 Log house restoration

the farm was 107 ac in SW Pa boonies nice...anyway we bought this house in the 'burbs to grow old in...I'm sorting out too many toys and cutting it down to bitesized.

so the house needed work...a long story...I put in a 200A underground service, and ran a 100A sub in the furnace room to strip off the kitchen overloads...and put another 100A sub panel in the garage for welders and machine tools. I do have a nice little tool stash with pretty diverse fabricating ability...the lift, a wheel change machine and a couple machining tidbits. The idea was to peel off the hard stuff since the deer episode and lighten up some.

I've been reading this forum background...seems most everything has been covered already and I'm late to the party.

...but then I was busy elswhere previous.
the shop is adequate, but then again, I broke my *ss to get here...and I ain't no spring chicken...see first vintage picture...above.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so...ah...about that Production 125 thing...

who makes this King of the Hill/down the nose stuff up?

elder emeritus benevolent Pops shaman and sorcerer of the unusual maybe...but Production 125?

bite me junior wannabe
:)

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
Never too late to the party, modre.

Repetition is the spice of life... I think that's how that saying goes.

Welcome.

I dig that Magic Bus.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.