Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been gone for awhile, back surgery just couldnt wait anymore. I just got the buckhorn bars in search of a better riding position for my speedy. Hoping to get back on soon, but I got questions...how do you remove the inserts on handlebar ends? How about the grip removal? NewSpeedmaster says no cable extensions, but it seems improbable...anyone done this yet?? Thanks for any help. UPDATE I am in touch with NewSpeedmaster and trying to work out the issue. I don't think they tried these on the higher rise of the Speedy.

[ This message was edited by: speedofsound on 2006-11-21 09:34 ]

·
Banned
9,598 Posts
Can't help with the inserts, but my grips came off real easy by sticking a flathead screwdriver in there then lifting a bit and squrting something wet in it and turning the grip. they just come right off. I can't recall what i used, but i think simple green. WD40 will probably make them come off even easier, tho with whatever i used it was as easy as pie. Anything wet will release all the friction easily.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I used an allen wrench to get the inserts out of the stock bars on the America. My son in law wanted to try buckhorns on his Speedy. With the Speedy risers, they will not work as the cables are too short. You will have to get a hold of some America risers. Then you will have to re-rout the throttle cables and the clutch cable. The front brake line will just barely be long enough taking the compression of the forks into account. He should have bought an America... :-D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.