Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in need of new brakes. I know many of you have done your own brakes and would have varying opinions. But I don't know whether I need to go OEM or if there was something less expensive and higher quality. Any additional tips on the brake job would help as well. I have read the previous post on brakes and found some good info.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Seriously. No replies. No advice. Really. No one here has any advice on brakes. No one has replaced brakes. Really.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Hi Rattod,

Maybe alot of the Rocket forum users are more riders than spanner heads?

I haven't changed my pads on my Rocket yet, as it's new and only done 2K miles. However, my experience from owning a Triumph Sprint was mixed. I'll explain: I fitted new discs as the originals were quite worn, and fitted standard 'fibre' type pads and these worked quite well. I later fitted sintered pads, and whilst these did provide more stopping power, I was quite concerned at the rate that the discs appeared to get scored. Since the discs are expensive on any bike, I'd wish I'd kept to the original firbre pads that I started off with.

Don't know if that helps any, as it's just generic brake / disc experience.

Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I have 15K miles. The brakes still work - as well as they ever did - which isn't very well. I find it hard to believe that choice of brake pads is going to make this tank stop any easier.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts