Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just replaced the rear brake line on my 99 Legend and the large rubber grommets on the brand new break line seem to be in the wrong position. I thought maybe I put it on backwards but I measured and it would be worse if I turn it around.

What happens is that when I put the inline large grommets (not sure what they are called) into the mounts and then go for a ride, they pull through the mounts towards the master cylinder. It's almost like the grommets are an inch closer to the master cylinder than they should be.

I don't want to jump immediately to the "faulty part" conclusion but I can't figure how to explain it except that the grommets are in the wrong place.

Has anyone ever had any luck moving them...they seem pretty much immovable.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Let me ask you a very simple question.....
Before you replaced the line did you do a side by side comparison of old and new parts? Measure to see if they are the same length, etc.?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let me ask you a very simple question.....
Before you replaced the line did you do a side by side comparison of old and new parts? Measure to see if they are the same length, etc.?
I wish I had. It was all greasy with brake fluid and I wanted to dispose of it so I put it in the trash. I assumed that a Triumph OEM part would be just fine but by the time I thought to compare the old one with the new one, the trash had been picked up.

Live and learn I guess.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts